Saturday, October 12, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #140, Sunday Post #137, Sunday Salon #131

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? I am doing alright. It was a super busy week, the colonoscopy went fine, other than putting me down longer than
anticipated. The sleepy drugs didn't wear off until late Tuesday, which was super weird and unwelcome. I will get the results back from the biopsies this week. I did not get much reading done this week. I worked on random stuff this morning, and hope to relax the rest of the weekend!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library Treasures: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: For Review

Of Gold and Shadows by Michelle Griep

Ebook: For Review

Dragonfly Ashes by C.C. Warrens
Bought: None.

Other updates:

I am happy with another short book stack this week. I finished four books this week. I am, for the moment, caught up on reviews!

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Expired Promise by Emilie Haney

Book Review: But He's My One Regret by Annah Conwell

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Confessions

Book Review: But He's My Fake FiancĂ© by Annah Conwell

Book Reread: Firefly Diaries by C.C. Warrens

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
    Sunday Post

28 comments:

  1. Your mention of sleepy drugs made me think of the videos that have been popping up on my TikTok of people seeing how far they can count backwards until the anesthesia knocks them out. I'm not sure I like this trend as I'm terrified of doctors and hospitals and procedures so I would want my medical team to be serious, professional, and FOCUSED on the work at hand. Should the anesthesiologists be messing around like this???? I don't know. Scary.

    Anyway! I am glad your procedure is OVER and I hope you get GREAT test results back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer-no, I agree with you, they should be focused on their job. They didn't even have me count down, they started one med and had me move and answer some questions, and I was awake a bit longer than I wanted to be. But, I am glad it's over as well!!!

      Delete
  2. Good that you are finishing so many books from your planned reading list. Or at least good that your stack is short for the moment.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the procedure went well! And grats on being caught up on reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of Gold and Shadows looks good. I hope you enjoy your new books and have a great weekend. - Katie

    Here's my STS if you wish to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2024/10/stacking-shelves-october-12-2024.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your colonoscopy went well. I had mine last week too. So fun, lol! I hope you can get back to your routine and that biopsy is all clear. Happy reading and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shellie, I hope your procedure went went also!

      Delete
  6. It's great that your colonoscopy went smoothly. Fingers crossed, prayers sent for good results.

    I feel a sense of accomplishment when I have a small stack of books, especially at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a shame that you suffered from the anesthetic. That's happened to me a couple of times so I get how disturbing that can be.

    I like it when I only get a couple of new books each week as well. I don't want my to review in NetGalley to get too large. I'd love to get physical books. I don't understand how ya'll get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, we are on reviewer teams. Bethany House, Revell, Moody all have them. I am sure others do as well.

      Delete
  8. Dragonfly Ashes looks good! Congrats on being caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I’m sorry the anesthetic knocked you out for so long. When I had mine, I was sick all day afterwards. (When my husband had his, he woke up and was ready to go to lunch!) Hoping you get perfect results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes those drugs just really hold on to some people. My dad and my MIL have that happen to them as well. All the good vibes and prayers for your results.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you survived your colonoscopy! Hope the rest of your weekend is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hubs has his colonoscopy this week. Hope your results are good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki, I hope your husband's goes well!

      Delete
  13. Trying to avoid chemo and radiations, my husband and I have decided to give fasting a try. Reading a few books on the subject and some podcasts. Hope your results come out good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, thank you! Enjoy your research and podcasts.

      Delete
  14. I'm glad you made it through the colonoscopy okay. I hope all the results are good ones. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete