Friday, October 4, 2024

One Last Play and But He's My Grumpy Neighbor

Title: One Last Play

Series: Sweet Peach #4

Author: Annah Conwell

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance, Sports Romance

Source: Kindle Unlimited

My Review:

One Last Play is the final book in the Sweet Peach series. This series follows a group of friends, and while it doesn't necessarily have to be read in order, you will get small spoilers by reading it out of order.

MJ has been a distant character in the series, very hard to get to know. That is her personality as the book starts as well. She has trauma and things she is working through that make it hard for her to trust. 

Sebastian is raising his niece, which is no easy feat for a busy college football coach. Sebastian's relationship with Maddie is precious, and she is so fun.

I cannot tell you all how much I loved this book! She is grumpy, he is sunshine, but put them together and they fit. There were so many great moments in this one, all the banter, the humor, and the ending, oh my, cue the tears (in the best way), it was simply the best.

I actually started But He's My Grumpy Neighbor before One Last Play, and I was blown away by the realization that it was one of MJ's brother's stories!!! I am so excited that we get to continue with the characters from this series, at least peripherally, while getting the scoop on MJ's four brothers! So, One Last Play is not quite the close of the curtain on Sebastian, MJ, and Maddie.

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

She could be the one.

I’ve spent twelve years caring for my niece Maddie who I adopted after my sister died. Having a daughter has made me picky when it comes to the women I spend time with. Not to mention dealing with the pressure of being a college football coach.

But when I spot MJ at a mutual friend’s wedding, something draws me toward her.

My friend tells me to forget about her, but how can I when she becomes Maddie’s art teacher and our paths cross again?

I ask her out, she turns me down. Rinse and repeat. But I don’t plan on giving up any time soon.

My instincts are always right, and they’re telling me Meadow Jane Carter might just be my future wife.

One Last Play is an age gap, reverse grumpy/sunshine romcom for fans of sweet romantic comedies. It has all the sizzling chemistry you love, without any explicit scenes. Check out the fourth and final installment of the Sweet Peach Series, a four-book sweet romcom collection about best friends living in Atlanta, Georgia!


Title: But He's My Grumpy Neighbor

Series: But He's a Carter Brother #1

Author: Annah Conwell

Narrator: Leanne Woodward

Publisher: Independently Published

Genre: RomCom, Contemporary Romance

Source: Hoopla

My Review:

Two young adults living in what is basically a senior citizen community sets the stage for a hilarious story. I feel like I listened to this with a smile on my face the entire story!

However, while it has a lot of humor, it also has depth, character development, morality police and is another book that is going to bring out big feels. I loved the ending, it was so sweet! I loved getting to see MJ, Sebastian, and Maddie, and getting to know all the brothers better than in the last series. I can't wait to read all their stories!!

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads):  

It’s not stalking if he’s your hot neighbor… right?

At least, that’s what I tell myself when Adrian Carter moves in next door.

His scowl should make me want to run in the other direction, but when I catch him smothering a smile around me, it makes me want to get to know him more.

And when Adrian starts to open up, I find myself falling in love with the cinnamon roll center hidden beneath his gruff exterior.

But between my emotional baggage and his aversion to relationships, it’s looking like we’ll never be more than neighborly.

But He’s My Grumpy Neighbor is a cozy grumpy/sunshine romcom for lovers of small-town romantic comedies. It has all the sizzling chemistry you love, without any explicit scenes. Check out the first book of the But He’s A Carter Brother Series, a series based around four strong, protective brothers finding love.

No comments:

Post a Comment