

Book Mail: Gifted from my secret Santa Cindy



Kindle Freebies: None
Other updates:
I finished five books this week. With being home sick, and two of them being audiobooks, I was able to get more reading in. I also spent some time cleaning out my physical nonfiction books, getting rid of some that I no longer want to read (12ish), and cleaning up the never-ending TBR. I deleted some novellas (I don't typically enjoy them), and some books that no longer appeal to me. It's a constant work in progress, which I am sure you understand, LOL, but it was nice to make progress.
What you might have missed on the blog this week:
Book Review: Signed, Sealed, and Smitten by Melanie Jacobson
Book Review: Formula of Deception by Carrie Stuart Parks
TTT: Fun Cover Vibes
Book Review: Hail Marry by Martha Keyes
Book Review: Off-Script & Over-Caffeinated by Rhonda Rhea
Book Review: Bookmarked for Love by Sarah Monzon
Book Review: Not My Hero by Michelle Bolanger

Hope you are feeling better and you enjoy the time with your daughter.
ReplyDeleteThe weather is hot here so going out needs to be carefully planned!
Ooo some Christmas titles there. I've had a couple recently which I am excited about.
Have a great weekend!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/08/08/stacking-the-shelves-162/
Thanks Emily!
DeleteI hope you feel better soon. Yes the summer is passing quickly and I don’t feel like I’ve done very much. I love seeing the Christmas titles. Have a great weekend Cindy.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jodie, you too!
DeleteHopefully you can get feeling better soon, and enjoy your outdoor time. No big plans this weekend; Eleanor is with her father so I will be reading and, hopefully, reviewing (she says as she looks at her library books in a stack by the couch).
ReplyDeleteSarah, LOL, I hope you enjoy what you read, and maybe find that time to review...
DeleteThank you!! I ended up posting THREE reviews today! So now, the library books, lol
DeleteSarah-Woo-hoo!!! Look at you gooooo!
DeleteSo sorry about the virus, but I am glad that you were able to read some good books. Look at all those books coming in---I'm curious about Faking Christmas.
ReplyDeleteDeb, it was a good book week :)
DeleteI hope you're feeling better. I cannot read or do anything I otherwise enjoy when I'm sick. It's good you were able to get some reading done. And yes, I understand about the TBR. It's a constant work in progress. :-)
ReplyDeleteMeezan, it totally is! I am not a huge tv watcher, so I generally still try to read when I am not feeling great (when I can).
DeleteI’m sorry you were sick last week. I hope you’re feeling 100% now. Enjoy your time with your daughter.
ReplyDeleteThanks Olivia!
DeleteGlad you're feeling better! I would love to play more games with my family, but the older they've gotten, the less we do. Great haul on secret santa books! I am reading all books I've purchased this week, which doesn't usually happen. Most of my books are free for reviews.
ReplyDeleteBecki, yay for being able to read your own books this week!
DeleteI hope you're able to go sit at the lake today! I took my sister-in-law thrift shopping yesterday, so that was fun! Today I'm hoping to finish one of my current reads, and maybe work on some writing projects.
ReplyDeleteKaris, two hours at the lake was had, so thankful!
DeleteGlad you have made a strong recovery from the virus - I always think it's more miserable getting sick in the summer when being in bed is sticky misery, in contrast to being poorly in winter when you can snuggle by the fire. I hope the coming week is a lot better.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteOof, you can't catch a break lately with illness and stuff going on! I'm glad you're doing better now.
ReplyDeleteNicky, it has been rough lately.
DeleteSorry you've been sick ... that's always tough in the summer. Hope you're back to 100% soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks JoAnn!!
DeleteNice blog and post!! Thank you for stopping by my blog.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, thank you!
DeleteSorry to hear that you've been sick! Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks Bree!
DeleteI hope you are feeling better. I hope you had a great weekend and enjoy your books!
ReplyDeleteThanks Yvonne!
DeleteAugust? I can't believe how fast the year is going. Slow down, 2026, and sprinkle in some good stuff.
ReplyDeleteJoanne, I 100% agree!
DeleteI hope you feel well enough to enjoy your time at the lake.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your week, happy reading!
Thanks Shelleyrae, the lake was the highlight of my weekend.
DeleteAww, feel better and enjoy your book haul.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kimberly!
DeleteI was digging through my book closet today trying to scrounge up some books to finish out some of my many reading challenges and said "Jinj, you have GOT to read from your own shelves next year!!!!"
ReplyDeleteFeel better!
Jinjer, I don't regret making time to clear off my own shelves this year. It's been an on-going project, but I am so much closer than I have been!
Delete