Monday, February 28, 2022

It's Monday! What are you reading? #7 '22

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, and are planning to read over the week. It’s an opportunity to visit and comment and add to your TBR pile! This meme is hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. I am reading Foundation of Love by Amy Clipston. It is the first book in An Amish Legacy series.

About the book (from Goodreads):

They were “only friends” . . . but they wanted so much more.

Crystal Glick is grateful to live with her brother’s family since her father died and her fiancé, Owen, broke their engagement. Crystal loves her bruderskinner and cheerfully helps her sister-in-law through a difficult pregnancy with babies number seven and eight, but she yearns for a husband and children of her own.

Duane Bontrager is mourning the recent death of his wife, Connie, after twenty-four years of marriage. He and his grown sons have a thriving roofing business but can’t get used to life without her. As the young men prepare to launch out on their own, Duane can’t imagine life alone—nor with anyone but Connie.

When a roofing job at the Glicks introduces Duane and Crystal, they’re attracted in spite of their fourteen-year age difference. But their bishop thinks Duane is better suited for the sweet widow Tricia, and Duane’s sons object to his interest in anywoman. Crystal’s family fears losing her indispensable help. If she must go, they’d rather she be reunited with Owen in spite of his betrayal.

They’re the only two who believe they’re a match made in heaven, can Duane and Crystal overcome the obstacles to love?

I stacked my shelves again this week and you can read that post here. I am also asking for Book Club help in that post 😬

So, what have you been reading lately? And what's coming up on your radar? If you would like to join the fun click on the link below 😀

17 comments:

  1. The wonderful thing about romance is that you know there’s going to be a happily ever after ending!
    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Amy's latest yet but it sounds really gook. I really enjoyed her Kaufmann Bakery series and her Amish Marketplace series. Well, to be honest I've enjoyed ALL of her books and her contemporary as well. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romance and Amish is interesting. I have read one or two books in that genre and enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, I agree. For a while all the story lines seemed to be the same, so I stopped reading, but have found my love for it in the last year or so again :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a wonderful book. She would be a new author to me, but I love Amish fiction, so I will need to check it out.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, she writes great Amish fiction and contemporary romance stories, hope you enjoy her!

      Delete
  5. This book looks cute...love the happy couple on the front.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a sweet story. I can imagine her wanting her own children after helping her sister in law.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds quite drama filled for an Amish romance. I hope you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has a sweet cover and nteresting premise. You don't think of these issues in the Amish community. It sounds like a good romance and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete