Saturday, September 3, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #39, Sunday Post #36, Sunday Salon #30

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I am doing a bunch of projects around the house on this long weekend, and hoping to catch up on some blog posts and reading.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail

Won in Giveaways:

 
FOR REVIEW:
Bought: None.

Other updates:

I added 18 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 6 books this week, one was an audio book, one was a super quick read, and another I had been reading on for several weeks. I still need to post the review for one of them.

Not sure why I continue to check out library books when I've not had time to read them 😂

I also finally finished the last post for our Wisconsin trip: A Wisconsin Wedding

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Ain't burned All the Bright

Cross the Line

Top Ten Tuesday-Just Say No to Challenges 

Can't Wait Wednesday-A Gem of Truth

Crossfire

First Line Friday #62-Never Leave Me

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

32 comments:

  1. Interesting looking books. Congratulations on winning giveaways. I have only ever won one book as I am generally not that lucky. I was so excited by it 😂

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/03/stacking-the-shelves-library-loot-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, there is a blogger named Kav that does a daily giveaway Sunday-Friday, winners announced on Saturday. They are all Christian fiction. I have won from her at least 8 books, the two here included.

      Delete
  2. I'm doing the same for my weekend too. Catching up on chores around the house and blogging and reading. I hope you have a great holiday weekend, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you continue to check out library books. You MIGHT get a chance to read them, and it would be a shame if you didn't have them when you wanted to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have added some good books to your TBR pile. I hope you have a good and productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a long history of borrowing library books and not reading them. And yet, I still borrow books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get Your Life Back sounds intriguing. I hope it's a library book that you will browse for us.

    I have 18 books checked out from the library right now. It sounds ridiculous, but I like having many books that are potentially great to read, though I know most of them won't pan out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I used to keep out quite a few, right now I have 9. I have started and already love Get Your Life Back. It is one I would like to own so I could make highlights and notes.

      Delete
  7. I miss browsing the library, I just have too many books already!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must have a huge Goodreads TBR shelf! My blog’s focus is new and soon to be published books so my Goodreads shelf is much smaller. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie, it's not as bad as it could be, LOL. I have about 600 books on my want to read list, plus I have lists of books I own and stuff ;)

      Delete
  9. These look like lovely books, enjoy!
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/09/04/sunday-post-65-09-04-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so impressed that you have managed to pare your Netgalley reads right down - right now I'm horribly behind on reading my arcs! I hope you have a great week and an enjoyable holiday weekend, Cindy:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had SO many Netgalley reads last year, it seemed like that was all I was reading and felt constant pressure, I knew I had to cut back!

      Delete
  11. I hope catching up on reading means that your vision's doing much better! :D Have fun and have a great week!

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-post-34/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, it is getting there! Any time I look to the right (the procedure eye) things are blurry. It's also worse when my eyes are tired, but I no longer feel sick when I try to read stuff, so definitely on the mend!

      Delete
  12. I am always adding books to Goodreads for my TBR then have trouble getting to all the books I want to read. I suppose that is a problem for all readers. Happy end-of-summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, so true! However, whenever I want something to read, I have a great list to choose from :)

      Delete
  13. Your books look so good. You added quite a bit to your Goodreads books. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha it is hard to stop getting new books, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your new books! I have the same issue with the library. Why am I checking out so many library books? I can't read that quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get Your Life Back sounds good. 📚

    I hope your week has been going well. I'm really late doing my STS hopping. 😊

    http://lalatoadstone.blogspot.com/2022/09/s-in-bag-better-world-books.html#more

    ReplyDelete