Saturday, December 3, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #50, Sunday Post #47, Sunday Salon #41

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I am doing pretty good. Our carpet was replaced yesterday (5 days early 😀😀😀) so today we are FINALLY unpacking everything we have not been able to unpack (like my 📚📚📚📚)!!! I might go out and do some Christmas shopping as well, but it will mostly be unpacking and organizing!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: I won both of these in two separate giveaways 😁

 Received ARC @ midnight last night:

Bought: None. 

Other updates:

I added 10 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I DNF'd 1 book and finished 1 book this week. The one I finished was FABULOUS but I haven't finished the review for it yet.

Another family update: Share Four Somethings November 2022

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Where the Blue Sky Begins

Book Review: Resilient

Top Ten Tuesday: Wintry Reads

Can't Wait Wednesday: Broken Little Pieces

Strike to the Heart Series

First Line Friday-Love's New Beginnings 

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

36 comments:

  1. Your book reminds me that the holiday season and Christmas books are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you can finish putting things away, hope you're on your way to feeling settled! It will be a nice feeling to be settled before the holidays. Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie, I started pulling books out of boxes and I had to stop. I am exhausted, LOL.

      Delete
  3. A Holly Jilly Christmas sounds good. Yay for your carpet being done early!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/12/03/stacking-the-shelves-library-loot-6/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting your carpet in early and for being able to unpack and organize your books. You're never truly moved in until your books or on shelves once more. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Always enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you're really settling into your new home. Have fun unpacking and organizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, we reached the point of overwhelm yesterday and just had to leave everything for a while.

      Delete
  7. Yeah on new carpet! Enjoy your unpacking. I'm sure you'll have happy to have that finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I CAN'T wait until it is all finished, then I will have time to read again!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the carpeting! I'm loving seein all the Christmas books coming out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to unpack your books. I still haven't unpacked ours and it is going to be a while yet.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marg it's hard! We need our routines and structure and have been without it since August. I hope to start the new year with everything settled.

      Delete
  10. It's a nice feeling when you can get everything unpacked and put away...especially your books.

    The Christmas book looks promising. I think I'd like to read one this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, yes, I look forward to being settled. I hope to read at least one Christmas book this year as well!

      Delete
  11. Hi Cindy! I can't believe how much you still get to read while unpacking and sorting out your new house. Respect my friend.

    Good luck for your week and I hope you will have lots of time for reading in between.

    Lots of Love!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate it! I have not read as much as I normally would, but I do my devotions at breakfast and I read while I eat lunch, so that helps sneak in a little reading :)

      Delete
  12. I'm so glad the carpet was early and you can start unpacking. I enjoy the organizing of unpacking.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to read something by Emma St. Clair. I would love to get new carpet, although having to move everything in the house is something I would not look forward to. Enjoy that new carpet! And have a great week! Thanks for visiting my post at Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, we HAD to get new carpet, the previous owners of the house had multiple cats and at least one dog, and I am allergic to cat hair. I was pretty miserable when we moved in!

      Delete
  14. Wow! It sounds like you've had an amazing week! Congratulations on winning two giveaways, and that's great news about the carpet being fitted early too. Have a great week ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for home improvements actually being done early! I get cranky and antsy when I can't settle in to my space so I hope you're able to really start settling in now.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, we are more than ready to be settled.

      Delete
  16. Congrats on the new carpet and the giveaway win. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on not buying anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarita, LOL, we didn't buy books because we were busy buying all the things, LOL.

      Delete
  18. Always great when work is completed early and 5 days early is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, I agree! They had a cancellation and wanted to know if we wanted the carpet early. It was a no-brainer, LOL!

      Delete