Friday, January 27, 2023

Always Watching

Title: Always Watching

Series: Elite Guardians #1

Author: Lynette Eason

Genre: Suspense, Christian Fiction, Romance

Publisher: Revell

Source: Library

My review:

I have loved Lynette Eason's books for a long time. I was surprised I had an older series that I hadn't read, until I started reading and realized I had read it before 😂 before I kept track of the books I read and reviewed.

The Elite Guardian series centers around four female kick-butt bodyguards. Always Watching is Olivia's story, but all the ladies are in the story. One of the things I loved about this book is that while the ladies are highly trained in their job, they are not portrayed as perfect. They make mistakes and get hurt but continue to do their job.

Even though I had read this book before, I was captivated from the first scene. We are introduced to Wade and unofficially to the stalker. The action is non-stop, and it is almost impossible to figure out who the stalker is. I did not remember, and I even suspected people who shouldn't have been suspicious! 

I loved the character growth in Olivia and Amy (Wade's daughter). There is so much to love about this book. I am looking forward to re-reading the rest of this series. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves a good suspense story with light romance. 

★★★★★/5

Synopsis (Goodreads): 

 When it becomes clear that popular psychiatrist and radio personality Wade Savage has a stalker, his father secretly hires Elite Guardians in order to protect his son. But when Wade's bodyguard is attacked and nearly killed, agency owner Olivia Edwards must step in and fill the gap.

Olivia's skills are about to be tested to the limit as Wade's stalker moves from leaving innocent gifts at his door to threatening those closest to him--including Olivia. But in her mind, even more dangerous than the threats to her life is the hold her handsome client has on her heart.

10 comments:

  1. That's funny that you already read it. I've done that more times than I like to think about! I'm glad it was just as good the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I imagine all avid readers have done it at one point in time or another. I am SURE it has nothing to do with my memory, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Kick-butt girls, non-stop action, and great character growth sounds like an amazing story. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was the first Lynette Eason book I read. It was such a good series and worth a re-read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool book, have not heard of the author, thanks for the review sounds like a good action packed book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read most of these as they released and the final one (finally) a year or so ago. I just remember at the time being super impressed with the cover art because it was SO different than most books in this market. :)

    ReplyDelete