Saturday, June 3, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #75, Sunday Post #72, Sunday Salon #66

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? Today is my husband's birthday, so we spent the morning going to a bookstore, for a nature walk, and having lunch out. I am still out of routine and trying to catch up on things.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: None.

Bought:

Other updates:

I finished 2 books this week (low side for me!) and still have to write the review for one of them. I started a Christian/clean reads book club and we had our first meeting on Thursday. It was just a get to know you/talk about expectations type meeting and we had a blast. There were 5 of us, two I knew as acquaintances, so I am looking forward to getting to know them all better. Here are a few pictures that I took before the meeting, I completely forgot to take any of the actual meeting. The book club book (I bought them for each person because I caught a 99 cent sale!) and swag from Susie Finkbeiner for her upcoming book. There was also a literary pencil in each bag 😀

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: All My Knotted-Up Life

Top Ten Tuesday-To read or not to read?

20 Books of Summer 2023 & Big Book Summer Challenge

Book Review: Counterfeit Faith Review+Tour/Giveaway

First Line Friday #93 Parnassus on Wheels

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

24 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband! It sounds like you had a nice day together!

    And that book club meeting looks like it was fun as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, we had a great day, the best part is that it was just easy! We did have a great first meeting and I really enjoyed myself!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time celebrating your husband's birthday.

    Your book club get-together looks like fun. Those book cookies are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your husband. The bookstore and a walk and lunch after sound like a perfect day. Those bookish cookies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's a lot of prep (in a fun way) for a book club group. Hope it works out for you. I haven't belonged to a book club for years but I remember enjoying the variety of books that members suggested. I get that now from my online reading buddies! :)
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I started the group as a way for social interactions too. We have lived here 6 months and I really haven't made any friends, although I have gotten together with a few ladies. I love books and am excited to start a new group. Thankfully, not every meeting will be labor intensive ;)

      Delete
  5. Wait what is that last photo??? Some kind of a bookish dessert???? Whatever it is, I want it. LOL

    Happy Birthday to the hubs! Sounds like a great way to celebrate...bookstore, lunch, nature walk. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer-yes, they are bookish cookies! I had them made for the meeting, it was fun.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday to your husband, my daughter's birthday was the 2nd. I'd love to join a Christian/clean reads book club but I've never heard of one where I live. I love the book cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, maybe you should start your own?! That is what I did :)

      Delete
  7. How fun! I'm excited about your book club for you and hope it is a big success!

    Happy Birthday to your husband. Your day sounded like the perfect way to celebrate. My husband's birthday is this week. While we both are working the actual day, we'll probably have cake in the evening and then save the celebration for next weekend.

    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your husband! The book club sounds like fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your husband... sounds like a great day! Hope the book club is a success. Those cookies are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your husband! The book club sounds like so much fun and those cookies are simply adorable!! Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky you are that your husband will go book shopping with you!! I hope your book club goes great...it is a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete