Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday-10 physical books on my shelves I want to read soonish

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is Unread Books on My Shelves I Want to Read Soon (Bonus points if you tell us how long it’s been sitting on your shelf waiting for you.) Well, I am going for extra, extra bonus points by telling you I currently have 215 physical fiction books sitting on my shelves waiting to be read. Obviously, this is not counting my nonfiction books, books I might want to read of my family members, or the books on my Kindle 😬. I still want to read them all, but I will start with the 10 I want to read sooner rather than later. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Top Ten Books I own that I want to read sooner rather than later (and how long they have been on my shelf):

The Trouble with Tulip by Mindy Starnes Clark 2/4/20

Miss Match by Erynn Mangum 9/30/20

One For the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt 9/18/22
Crime and Poetry by Amanda Flower 12/22/21
Covert Cargo by Elisabeth Rees 3/14/21
Suffering the Scot by Nichole Van 1/25/24
The Summer House by Lauren K. Denton 12/30/21
After Math by Terri Blackstock 7/21/22
A Game of Hearts by Joanna Barker 1/25/24
Night Falls on Predicament Avenue by Jaime Jo Wright 4/5/24 (won it)

Full Disclosure, I did a similar post a month ago: Spring Into Books so some books might be repeated.

I have to admit it is possible some of these have been on my shelves much longer, I didn't really start tracking that until 2020 😂 I had SO much more time for a while there 😉.

What did you do for today's topic? Have you read any of these? Which ones should I move to the top of my list??? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.

28 comments:

  1. Good luck trimming down your TBR list. That’s a lot of books!

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia! They have been collected mostly from used bookstores with excellent pricing :)

      Delete
  2. May you enjoy all of these!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    Astilbe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the Tulip books years ago! They were lots of fun as I remember so they'd probably also be books I'd enjoy re-reading, too. :) Thanks for visiting my website today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, i think they look so fun, I don't know why I haven't gotten to them yet!

      Delete
  4. The TBR list never ends, does it? I haven't heard of any of these, but I do hope you enjoy them when you read them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't counted up all the books I own that are sitting on my shelves that I haven't read yet, but I'm guessing it's close to 50. But does that stop me from checking out way too many books from the library? Noooo. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I get it! I have a shelf on Goodreads that I keep updated, so I always know how many unread books I have. It's a blessing and a curse, LOL! I am trying REALLY hard to get it under 200, but then I win books or catch a good sale...

      Delete
  6. I've read Crime and Punishment and The Summer House and enjoyed them both, Cindy. I hope you can get some of these read, but I know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla. I have wanted to read Crime and Poetry for a while but I haven't because of the "magical realism." I am afraid I won't like it, LOL.

      Delete
  7. Great list. I want to read the Amanda Flower series. That looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I don’t know any of these. But, I hope they please you when you get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read the Amanda Flower one (didn't like it as much as her other books and the ones she has written as Isabella Alan). I've also read the Jaime Jo Wright one and I did not like it because the ending was too twisted for me and it hit a serious raw nerve after I covered murder cases when I worked at the paper. I read it for an ARC and should have checked what it was about before I agreed to. It traumatized me but that wasn't her fault. I have the Blackstock one and want to read it because I read another one by her and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, that is why I haven't read the Amanda Flower one, I am afraid I won't like it. I didn't know she wrote as Isabella Alan, thanks for sharing that tidbit! I am sorry that Jaime's book was triggering for you! That is awful. I had one recently that I had an ARC for and had to DNF because of content as well. I love Terri Blackstock's books and I am not sure why I haven't read it yet!

      Delete
  10. Hope you get to read this soon and enjoy yet! I am looking forward to Jaime Jo Wright's one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that cover on The Summer House. It fills me with nostalgia. I bet the story will be good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I agree, I need to read it...but i have been thinking that forever, LOL!

      Delete
  12. Suffering the Scot and A Game of Hearts are two of the many books on my Kindle I will one day read. I hope you are able to read some of these books soon, Cindy. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! I hope we both enjoy them!

      Delete
  13. Crime and Poetry looks fun! Hope you'll love all of these!

    ReplyDelete