Saturday, June 22, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #125, Sunday Post #122, Sunday Salon #116

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? I worked all week, it was super hot, but thankfully most of what I had to do could be done indoors. I had an MRI Wednesday morning on the swollen clavicle. It is a benign cyst and arthritis. I must be getting old 😒 However, I am thankful it is not serious. I can get cortisol shots, have it removed, or basically leave it alone. It will either go away on it's own, or it will always be there, LOL. I am working this morning, but plan to spend the rest of the weekend in recovery mode, and worked all afternoon/evening as well. Tomorrow will be a rest day, after Church, I need it after the last few weeks!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library Treasures: This is one I requested my library purchase, and they did!!!

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished six books this week (several had been in progress for a while, so don't be too impressed, LOL!). I still need to write the review for one of them.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Suffering the Scot by Nichole Van

Book Review: A Picture of Love by Beth Wiseman

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Reading Plan 2024

Book Review: Saving My Assassin by Virginia Prodan

Book Review: The Way Back by Heidi Chiavaroli

Book Review: What If Jesus Was Serious About Heaven by Skye Jethani

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of work to do!
    best, mae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, I have been behind for months and I am hoping to catch up soon and start having more time to rest!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to know it isn't serious. I hope you have a restful Sunday and a great week ahead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meezan! Me too, it takes a burden off.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get some serious rest tomorrow. Being busy all the time isn't fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, no, it's really not, and it is not what I strive for.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, I'm glad it's not that serious, but I hope it gets resolved smoothly and that you can get as much rest as you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your cyst goes away on its own or doesn't cause you pain. I'm glad the doctor said it is not serious.

    Good luck with your resting this weekend. After a busy day yesterday, I hope to rest today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I hope we both get the rest we need :)

      Delete
  6. Glad your shoulder issue wasn't more serious. And I hope you enjoy your day of rest today! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m glad it’s benign and hope it resolves soon.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your cyst goes away soon.

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jason has a cyst too that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Hopefully yours will take care of itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, I had one on my face earlier this year (much smaller than this one) and I had it removed. This one I will leave alone for now.

      Delete
  10. I'm glad your cyst is benign. I'm dealing with one that seems to want to stay with me forever. It doesn't hurt so I'm just leaving it alone. Hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, I had one on my face and I had it removed earlier this year. This one does hurt at times, but I am going to leave it alone. I've had it a little over a month, so we'll see if it sticks around or not.

      Delete
  11. I'm terrified of doctors and needles so I would just leave the cyst alone. Ha ha. I'm glad it is benign and that you have options!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m glad to hear your clavicle isn’t too serious and that you have options. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you were able to get some rest! I am glad to hear that your MRI results were good as well, or at least something that is easily dealt with. :) The Bookish Bandit looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, me too! I hope to get to the Bookish Bandit soon :)

      Delete
  14. My library is also really good at purchasing books when I request one from another library, and they decide they should have at least 1 copy themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, that's awesome! I requested my library to get about 7 books, they said they would get them all, but didn't. They did get some of them though.

      Delete