Saturday, September 14, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #136, Sunday Post #133, Sunday Salon #127

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? I had a pretty good week, other than having an upper respiratory thing this week. We are mostly back to our normal work week. My son took yesterday and today off of week, so we are planning to play some board games today. I am also planning to read, work on some sewing projects, and relax. I am thankful we don't have many plans this weekend and can just take it easy.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library Treasures:

 

Kindle Freebies: None

Ebook: For Review

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

Obviously, a bunch of my library holds came in this week. I am not sure when I will get to them all, but I will give it a valiant effort 😉. There are SO many books I want to read right now. I am back to my normalish reading habits, so I am reading a little less than I have been. I finished three books this week, one review will be up tomorrow.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Fragile Designs by Colleen Coble

Just Read Rendezvous November 2024 I AM GOING AND WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU THERE

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that are easy to escape into

Book Review: Born of Gilded Mountains by Amanda Dykes

Book Review: The Real Fake Fiance' by Sara Jane Woodley

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

29 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have so many books to choose from. Somehow I’m in a slump on finding new books that really appeal to me, but I take it one book at a time.’

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, usually if I get into a slump I read a romcom, it helps change things up.

      Delete
  2. Our library has a suspension option now for books and DVDs. When too many get close for pickup I suspend them for a month in the future. It saves my place in line.
    I love the cover of The Inn of Tansy Falls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just discovered that my library has this option, too. That's excellent for those of us who sometimes end up with too many books at once.

      Delete
    2. Tina, my library does that as well ;)

      Delete
  3. The Highly Sensitive Person sounds like a perfect book for me. I'll be interested in seeing what you think about it.

    And What Your Soul Needs for Stressful Times sounds like a great companion read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am a highly sensitive person and have wanted to read it for a while. My daughter is also a highly sensitive person and is struggling, so I figured now was the time to read it.

      Delete
  4. I read and sew every day! Retirement is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, yes, I can see how it would be!! I love doing both, and look forward to retirement...someday!

      Delete
  5. Eleanor and I also have a lazy weekend planned! She has a friend over now, but aside from that and church tomorrow, we are doing nothing and loving every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better -- respiratory infections suck. Enjoy your library haul!

    My weekly roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read 26 Below a couple of weeks ago myself. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve read The Highly Sensitive Person. I found that it confirmed many of the ideas I have on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love board games, but have not played any in a while. I hope you're enjoying your relaxing weekend and you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn’t that always the way that library books all come in at the same time. I’m thankful that my library has the ability to delay the delivery of a book or two if several come in together. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are having a relaxing week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post and The Sunday Watch

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sorry to hear you have been sick and hope you are all feeling better. I hope you were able to get lots of rest this weekend! It looks like you have some great library books to add to your TBR. Write for You looks like it will be fun. I hope you enjoy your reading! Have a great week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete