Saturday, October 19, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #141, Sunday Post #138, Sunday Salon #132

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? I am doing good. It was a busy week and I am ready for the weekend. I got my flu and Covid shots yesterday, which always make me tired and sore. I am going thrifting with my daughter and husband this morning, then I plan to read, sew, crochet, and blog for the rest of the weekend.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

Library Treasures: None

Kindle Freebies: 

Book Mail: None

Ebook: for review

Bought: None.

Other updates:

I am happy with another short book stack this week. I finished four books this week. I am, for the moment, caught up on reviews! I have not participated in any book challenges this year and I am starting to miss them! I am going to start planning which ones I am going to sign up for for 2025! But, I will be very discerning or I will burn out again 😂.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: The Story People by Heather Kaufman

Book Review: A Surefire Love by Emily Conrad

Top Ten Tuesday: Looking Back at Spring and Summer

Book Review: 70 North by Kimberley Woodhouse

Book Review: I Hated You First by Rachel John

Book Review: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend! 
    Sunday Post

26 comments:

  1. I just got my flu jab today, and I can feel how sore my arm is already, ow! Hope you're recovering well from yours! And hope you have a good weekend, and enjoy the new books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you some great finds. Oh the sore arm doesn't sound good. Nice that you have a weekend to relax and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thrifting. I just love doing that. If I had the money to do it every day I would, I know crazy right? 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody, I totally get it! I got a pair of jeans for #2.15, you can't beat that!

      Delete
    2. That is fantastic, Cindy. I absolutely love going thrifting.

      Delete
    3. Jody, I do as well, just never enough time ;)

      Delete
  4. Some Like it Scot looks fun. I hope you enjoy your new books and have a great time thrifting! - Katie

    Here's my STS if you wish to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2024/10/stacking-shelves-october-19-2024.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my flu and covid shots on Wednesday and felt it on Thursday. And am definitely adding Basham's Some Like it Scot to my TBR list. Have a great weekend, Cindy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, hopefully by getting them we stay healthy! I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Well, I finished two fasting books this week and am currently reading one novel. That's about my normal reading speed. Too much else going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia, I understand. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a nice, enjoyable weekend once you got past the jabs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also got A Guardian Till Christmas. I'll be starting that today. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some Like It Scot is such a cute title. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m glad you got your jabs! We are well boosted for COVID now ( will get the actual boosters in 4 months time) and plan on getting our flu vaccines soon as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the weekend. Your books look really good. Some Like it Scot looks fun. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great-looking books! Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete