Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Looking back at spring and summer

 Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is Books I Was Assigned to Read in School (These can be books you loved or hated. Or just tolerated. Bonus points if you give us a tiny review of your thoughts!) I have been out of school for a LONG time, including graduate school, so I am going to go a different direction today. I will revisit my spring and summer TBRs and see how I did. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today.  

Top Ten Tuesday Spring and Summer TBR update:

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Barnoness Orczy 

Miss Match by Erynn Magnum

Suffering the Scot by Nichole Van

⛔The Do-Over by Bethany Turner 

The Hairdresser and the Hero by Jessica Marie Holt 

⛔Building a Future and Breaking New Ground by Amy Clipston (trying to finish the series)

Engaging the Office Enemy by Kristin Canary

⍻The Garden Girls by Jessica Patch-I did start this but ended up DNFing it because it had a graphic scene that I could not handle at the time. The writing was great and I have heard wonderful things about the story, but I just couldn't at the time.

Never Fall Again by Lynn H. Blackburn

The Summer of Keeping Secrets by Jill Lynn

Secondary Target by Angela Carisle

Stevie Hates Shoes by Donna Chisum

The Bookish Bandit by Erica Dansereau

⛔A Butterfly Cottage by Carrie Fancett Pagels

The Art of Falling in Love with Your Best Friend by Anne Kemp

Sanctuary Lost by Lisa Phillips

Sandover Beach Memories by Emma St. Clair

The Juliet Code by Pepper Basham

All in Good Time by Carolyn Astfalk

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell

Well, I did WAY better with the spring list than the summer one 😂🤦. Which ones should I read sooner rather than later? If you want to see my reviews for any of the books just click on the title.

What topic did you go with this week? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.

17 comments:

  1. You did a good job with your seasonal TBR lists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job. I like the idea of reassessing what I planned to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job my friend.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you did pretty great at your TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read North and South, too, but just never get around to it.

    My TTT: Books I Should Have read in School

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great on your reading! Very impressive. I make lots of seasonal TBR lists that I never actually follow. Ha ha.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, impressive, Cindy! I am so very far on my TBR, especially the ones from NetGalley.
    I don't remember any in school that I didn't read as I've always been a voracious reader.
    One book, I couldn't even tolerate, but did have to read, was The Great Gatsby. There are so many things about this book. . .I read it the first year I took college courses. I was pleasantly surprised and happy that a lot of other students felt the same way-some of the men more strongly than the women. It made for a very lively, interesting discussion. But, I still can't stand the book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I now want to read The Juliet Code and Sandover Beach Memories just because I really like both Pepper Basham and Emma St. Clair. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see a lot more green check marks then red ones so I'd say you did pretty great! I'm not familiar with any of the books you listed except the first, but I haven't read it either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. North and South is really good. I definitely recommend it! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So is the red negative you didn’t like it or didn’t read it? Only asking because I love Amy Clipston but haven’t read that book yet.

    ReplyDelete