Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday-Books I wish I could have read in one sitting

Welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday! While I love to read it is rare to have uninterrupted time to just sit and read. I imagine it is the same with you. So, this week’s topic features books that I would read in one sitting (or would if I had the time!) I imagine this will be an easy list to make, especially since there were several books recently that I have not wanted to put down to do anything. Those are the types of books that I will feature this week. The hard part will be narrowing it down to just 10!! You know, typical book nerd problems 😂 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

 A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham 

Words by Ginny L. Yttrup

 
 An Unlikely Pair by Traci Hunter Abramson

 Lake Season by Denise Hunter
 

A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay
 

 
Facing the Dawn by Cynthia Rutchti
 

 
Mind Games by Nancy Mehl
 

 
The Fifth Avenue Story Society by Rachel Hauck
 

 
Living Lies by Natalie Walters
 
 
Network of Deceit by Tom Threadgill 
 

 
This list was a bit harder than I anticipated, mainly because I was trying to avoid books I have put on similar lists 😀 What  books would you read in one setting if you had time? Do we have any books in common? What books on my list look intriguing to you?! Thanks for stopping by, for more fun you can join the link up here.





30 comments:

  1. I still remember what an impact Words had on me all these years later. That story packs a wallop. I loved Lake Season and The Fifth Avenue Story Society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a while since I read Words as well, but it is impactful. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I still remember what an impact Words had on me all these years later. That story packs a wallop. I loved Lake Season and The Fifth Avenue Story Society.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember what an impact Words had on me all these years later. That story packs a wallop. I loved Lake Season and The Fifth Avenue Story Society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books are all new to me, but they must be good to be on this list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise and Katherine's books are always good although I haven't read any of their more recent read. Someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all have a lot of "somedays" that we want to get to, sooner rather than later, LOL!

      Delete
  6. There are several on here I haven't read YET but they are all on my TBR list! Great picks! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear A LADY IN ATTENDANCE was hard to put down. That's on my list of books I need to get to soon. Even though I read fast, I never seem to get to as many books as I want to. Book nerd problems, indeed!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan, yes I enjoyed it! It was the first I had read by Rachel, but won't be my last. I also read fast, but free time has not been my friend lately! Very much a big deal for book nerds, LOL!

      Delete
  8. Great list of books!

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Lectrice! A pretty cover is the start of a great book ;)!

      Delete
  10. Our lists were similar in the fact that we hardly ever get to read a lot in one sitting! :-)

    Ohhh, I've been seeing things here and there about An Unlikely Pair. It must have been good to make this list! I'm a huge figure skating fan. I'll have to see if I can read it some time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Erin, I used to have time to read a lot in one sitting, but we go through seasons. I really enjoyed An Unlikely Pair, more than I thought I would and look forward to seeing what happens in the next book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. The Portrait of Emily Price is on my TBR, good to know that you would have read it in one sitting. Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice list! They're all new to me books, but definitely going to have a look into a few of them, particularly An Unlikely Pair. I love a good figure skating story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice, POSITIVE story, even though there was a lot of struggles in it as well. I really enjoyed both main characters and I loved the ice skating aspect. I hope you enjoy it as well!

      Delete
  13. I like your twist on this, it's tough to find time to read a book in one sitting! The Fifth Avenue Story Society by Rachel Hauck and Lake Season by Denise Hunter both sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! Of course they were (to me) or they wouldn't have made the list ;) I hope you enjoy them if you get a chance to read them! My library had both of them!

      Delete
  14. Thrillers are always quick reads for me too! Mind Games looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lot of these books are new to me, but many look like they are one-sitting reads!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah, thanks for stopping by! I think it would be great to be able to read all books in one sitting ;)...a girl can dream...

    ReplyDelete