Saturday, January 14, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #56, Sunday Post #53, Sunday Salon #47

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I survived my first week of being a part-time nanny and I love it! I was actually able to read more than I thought I would this week, with starting a new job. Have a wonderful weekend!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library

Kindle Freebies (today is the last day these are free):

Book Mail

A Penny For Your Thoughts is one I bought (but took a while to get here) with my Christmas $$ from my SIL. I have had most of the others in the series, but needed this one to be able to read it! I have never found it at any of the libraries we have lived near.

A Christmas Gift from Book blogger Rissi that got a little lost in the mail THANK YOU!!!!!:

 Other updates:

I added 16 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 5 books this week and got 4 of the reviews up. My review for Cairo Curse will be up tomorrow.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Belle

Spell the Month in books: January 2023 (no one bothered to tell me I had the date as January 2022!! I just noticed it as I was typing this and corrected it 😂)

Top Ten Tuesday: The Books I am most excited to see released

Can't Wait Wednesday: Dark of Night

Book Review: An Unlikely Suitor

First Line Friday-# 76 Midnight Blue

Book Review: When You Need to Move a Mountain

An update on life: Thrive

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

46 comments:

  1. You have an ambitious reading program ahead of you!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, as an avid reader there are ALWAYS a lot of books that I will want to read, but not get to ;)

      Delete
  2. All those Kindle freebies look like fun reads. And I want to check out The Happiness Dare. Have a great weekend, Cindy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, if you have a Kindle (or the Kindle app) grab them today, it's their last free day! I thought they looked fun too!

      Delete
  3. Fun books! I really want to try gardening again this year (after various fits and starts the last couple years) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I haven't had a garden, ever, I don't think. I really want to grow a few herbs and veggies that we use regularly.

      Delete
  4. These look like interesting books, especially the Kindle freebies! I hope you enjoy your reads.

    My Stacking the Shelves post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've got some gardening planned! Good luck with your garden. And with all those books - looks like a great haul.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie! Like I was saying to Greg, I really want to grow some herbs and veggies that we regularly use...here's hoping!

      Delete
  6. You are such a fast reader! I don't get through as many books as I'd like.
    Wish it were summer again. I miss gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I am a fast reader, but audiobooks really help! I read my nonfiction books for several weeks, so some weeks I finish an audiobook or two, plus the nonfiction I have been reading for a while, so my weekly stats add up. I have never tried to keep a garden and it makes me nervous to try, but I am hoping to grow some things this spring/summer.

      Delete
  7. So nice to see gardening books here. I have had a small veggie garden for over 10 years, and it's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I want to have one, we will see how it goes!

      Delete
  8. Great haul, Cindy! I'm glad you survived your first week of being a Nanny! I hope you continue to enjoy the job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad the new job is working out, Cindy! I am also glad your reading isn't being too affected. It looks like you got some great books to enjoy. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Penny For Your Thoughts is great! That whole series was fabulous. It's been a while since I read them, but I remember getting very engrossed in them, although I think a couple had to build a bit before I was racing to finish them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I have had a few of the books for this series for years, so I am thrilled to finally get the first one!! Now I can read the series :)

      Delete
  11. Good luck with your new part-time nanny job. That sounds fun. And it's wonderful that you still have plenty of time to read.

    I'm particularly interested in The Happiness Dare. I can't resist a book about happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am enjoying the job, it's with the sweetest family. I am enjoying the Happiness Dare and I am sure you would as well!

      Delete
  12. The gardening books have my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mom had 10 green thumbs, I have none. The gardening books sound perfect for people like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I do fine with day lilies because they basically take care of themselves, LOL. I am nervous about a garden.

      Delete
  14. Looks like you are going to be doing some gardening! I also got a bunch of those free books this past week. Who knows when I will get to them though! Hope you have a good week.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, yeah, my Kindle overflows, but I typically go for the physical books.

      Delete
  15. I need to do more reading on gardening before my spring planting in a few months.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  16. You Should Sit Down for This looks interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes out for it going on sale. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  17. One thing you can say about your reading choices --- you can not be tied down to one genre or type. Are you starting a garden or expanding your skills?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne-both, LOL! I am hoping to grow a few herbs, veggies, and maybe a fruit...but I have NEVER done it before and I am a little worried about it.

      Delete
  18. I can see a theme to your books Cindy! I hope that you enjoy them all. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That Criss Cross series is also on my overflowing TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarita, you MUST get to it!! It is one of my MOST favorite suspense series!!!

      Delete
  20. I picked up those rom coms too. I hope you enjoy your books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you're enjoying your new job! You've got a great line-up of books for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm happy you're enjoying the job! I miss gardening. I don't have much free time during the summer, but the kid really wants a garden this year, so I might need to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those cozies certainly have a "branded look" don't they? Very stylistic covers nowadays. Interesting. Hope they were good reading for you. My latest is here:
    http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2023/01/review-of-feast-of-fools-anthology.html

    ReplyDelete