Saturday, June 10, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #76, Sunday Post #73, Sunday Salon #67

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? We are a bit scattered this weekend. I am going to a baby shower this afternoon. We are going to Mansfield tomorrow morning to hear my daughter's boyfriend preach. Then, my daughter is having a bunch of friends over for a game afternoon...I will probably be hiding in my room after I make their food 😂

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: These plus a few more Amigurumi books, but I can't remember which ones 😂

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: None.

Bought: None.

Other updates:

I finished 5 books this week and apparently forgot to write the review for one of them (seriously thought it was done!). So, I have two more reviews to write for this week. Sigh. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed with life right now, and feeling a little down. Hopefully, a good night's sleep and I will be right as rain!

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Dare to Love the Guy I Hate

Book Review: Parnassus on Wheels and The Haunted Bookshop

Top Ten Tuesday-Summery Book Covers

May Reading Wrap Up 2023

Book Review: Putting An X Through Anxiety

First Line Friday #94 Is It Any Wonder

Book Review: Buried

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

36 comments:

  1. What fun crochet projects! I've never been into FRIENDS, but Anne of Green Gables? Absolutely! That's an adorable pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I have already started Elizabeth Bennet :)

      Delete
  2. Hiding in your room after making their food! Hahahaha! I love it. Don't forget to grab a plate for yourself so you're not sitting there, starving to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, LOL! Unfortunately, I won't be able to eat it, but it's all good.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a nice weekend! Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those Amigurumi crochet books. I'm trying to make an Amigurumi bunny right now; I've got his body and one ear done. My goal is to try and finish before I have to return the book to the library. ;D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, so fun! You should totally post a picture! I finished a lion today but it's not post worthy, LOL.

      Delete
    2. ;D I don't know if mine will be post-worthy either. Already the ears are slightly different lengths (and I'm not redoing them!).

      Delete
    3. Lark, LOL, I get it! But, the ears will probably still look good, even if they are different lengths, they will just look quirky.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you've got a busy day planned. If I knew how to crochet I would get those 2 books and make everything in them. I have wished so many times over the years that I would have had my mom teach me how to do all the crafty things.

    Once in a while I forget to write a book review. Sometimes I'll catch up, sometimes I don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I taught myself to crochet, YouTube is FABULOUS for that! I love it. I do try to catch up and get the reviews done, they are just usually shorter.

      Delete
    2. I also taught myself fromYouTube this year - makes it all pretty easy. Now I'm trying knitting.....a little slower. :)

      Delete
    3. Terrie, I can imagine it is!

      Delete
  6. I remember those days when I felt like our house was taken over by my kids' friends and all I wanted to do was to find a little peace and quiet.

    My mind always tells me to retreat when I am feeling a little down, but experience has shown me that I (and maybe it's just me) do better when I get out and walk or spend time in nature or visit a person who might be feeling a little down, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I know those things would help, but it's finding the motivation to do them once you are already in the pits. Since we've been in our new house we have not had as many people over, so it's nice to finally have that happening again. I just don't know most of my daughter's friends and not really sure that's how I want to spend my day, LOL.

      Delete
  7. I just got back from a game day. Lots of fun as always. But hiding in your room reading will be fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, LOL, I do love game days, but not knowing many of my daughters friends, this is easier, LOL. It is SO draining making small talk.

      Delete
  8. Hello Cindy! Sounds great – hiding in your room – maybe with a good book? 😊Your crochet books look like so much fun! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could sit long enough to finish more books than I do. I do plod along though. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those crochet projects are adorable! I wish I could knit or crochet by my hands just don't get it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't crochet... But I can actually knit!

    Don't let life overwhelm you, Cindy. And if you don't get to do a review - the world won't end. Reading and blogging and reviewing should be nothing but fun!

    Read a lovely, inspirational book that you read only for yourself. An old favorite is like visiting an old and loyal friend!

    Hope you will have a wonderful, peaceful and blessed week ahead.
    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement Mareli! I have only been crocheting a year, but the thought of knitting is intimidating to me. I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  12. The crochet book looks like fun. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol...Friends crochet...so cute! :D Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m sorry you’re feeling a little overwhelmed right now - I certainly feel the same way with life right now. Let’s hope we both have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm kind of going through the opposite of overwhelmed right now - it's all in the ebb and flow of life, isn't it. A couple weeks ago I felt like I was drowning! After just starting crocheting in January, I got inspired to try knitting after hanging out with a girlfriend who knits. Again, YouTube to the rescue....it can certainly be an amazing resource. Hope you have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I can relate to hiding in your room to avoid houseguests. I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aj, I don't normally, but did for a while on Sunday.

      Delete