Saturday, June 17, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #77, Sunday Post #74, Sunday Salon #68

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? It was an insane week, which I will share more details about another day. I started a small business with my daughter, worked my normal job, and started getting sick Thursday, and had a full-blown cold (please let it only be a cold!) by last night. I am sick, but have been working all day on the small business stuff. I will be in all weekend attempting to get some rest and reading in! Happy Father's Day to the dads out there!!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: Thank you to Lisa H. from The Plain Spoken Pen for making one of my wishes come true!!

Bought: You all know I had to buy it as soon as it came out!

Other updates:

I only finished 2 books this week. And, btw, my blog decided to show me 53 "spam" comments this week, dating all the way back to when I first started the blog...most of them mine. So, I ALWAYS comment back when someone leaves a comment, so if you thought I was ignoring you, I wasn't, my blog was being rude and I apologize for it's stupidity!

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Destination Romance

Book Review: Dare to Love My Best Friend

Top Ten Tuesday-Book Wishes

Book Review: Is It Any Wonder

ACFW Storyfest Tour + Giveaway!!

Book Review: Operation Find a Guy+Giveaway

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

27 comments:

  1. After seeing you post about Created to Dream, I went and got the audio version.

    Don't you just love spam? I know I don't. I had to change my blog comment settings because I was getting a lot but thankfully they weren't showing up on my blog, they were going to my spam folder but I still had to delete them every day. Thankfully I no long get them.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, yay, I hope you enjoy it! I am annoyed that so many of MY comments went into spam. LOL, not sure what the deal is. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. My blog has started bring up old comments as "spam" a lot of them mine from when I used to faithfully reply to comments. I find it annoying and funny at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, right? I just published them again, and we'll see what happens down the road.

      Delete
  3. I do hope it's just a cold, Cindy. I always seem to get sick when I have a really busy week.

    When I first added Disqus to my blog, I allowed every comment to post without approval and then---WHAM! Awful, horrible spam started hitting my blog, and I had to approve everything for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, me too! Spam is awful. Do people seriously have nothing better to do?!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you caught cold. I hate being sick, but especially in the summer. And good luck with your new small business! And that whole blogger thing sending your own comments to spam is so frustrating, isn't it? It happens to me all the time on my blog, too. Technology can be so fun sometimes. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, yes, technology can be annoying at times, but I don't know what I would do without it, LOL! I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Wow you've been busy! I hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no Cindy! I hope you feel better soon. Technology is wonderful when it works properly but frustrating when it isn’t.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie, thank you so much! I totally agree!!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the new business! That's a lot to take on. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure hope the cold is short lived. Sometimes reading 2 books in a week is all that we can manage because ..... well, life. :) Have a terrific week & thanks for the visit.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, so true. I am thankful for any time I get to read :)

      Delete
  9. I hope you are feeling better, Cindy. The Pocket Pair looks really good. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better soon. Starting a small business with your daughter sounds exciting! I wish you all the best in this new adventure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on the business with your daughter!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete