Saturday, August 26, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #85, Sunday Post #82, Sunday Salon #76

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? Today we moved my daughter back to college. It was SO much easier than in previous years because we are so much closer! We went there and back in the same day, plus she is only an hour and a half away, she didn't have to take as much stuff! It was a long week. I plan to read, blog, go to Church, and rest for the remainder of the weekend. It's going to be odd trying to get into a new routine again.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

Library:

 

Kindle Freebies: 


Book Mail (for review):

 
ebook ARCs

Bought:


Other updates:

I had more book updates than I realized! I started two books and quit them before I got to 50 pages, so I just deleted them from Goodreads instead of marking them DNF. I am sure they are fine, but they were not for me. I finished 4 books this week. 

If you are curious about the allergy books I put a health update on my other blog, you can read it here.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Critical Threat

Book Review: The Allergy Book-A Quick Review

Top Ten Tuesday-Fall RomCom Vibes

Book Review: Countdown

Book Review: Just Don't Fall

First Line Friday #101-The Love Script

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

38 comments:

  1. Nice your daughter is only an hour and a half away and can home at the drop of a hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, yes, MUCH better than the 9ish hours it used to be ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice haul this week. Have a fantastic weekend, Cindy. ☕📚🌞💛

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books on your list. Hero Debut looks really good. Hope you have a relaxing weekend and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allergies really are annoying! Goodluck with your efforts.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a surprisingly bad time of year for allergies. Even my dog is bothered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I have had seasonal allergies for years, but the food allergies have gotten worse in the last 10ish years.

      Delete
  6. How nice that your daughter is closer now! I have never heard of I Walked with Jesus but checked it out and added it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, that is awesome! I hope we both like it. The author has another book coming out in September :)

      Delete
  7. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday. Sounds like you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be great to have your daughter closer to home. The moves take a lot of energy, though. Hope you get an opportunity to rest and relax a bit and get accustomed to the new normal.

    I think the subtitle of I Walked with Jesus is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Yes, we are wiped out, and I am ready to be back into a normal routine already, lOL!

      Delete
  9. Hi! Glad your daughter is closer to home for college. I haven't heard of Hero Debut so hope you enjoy it!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's good your daughter is closer to home. Hero Debut looks good, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had a similar move this week, and it's about the same distance. Thank goodness they're not out of state!

    Hope your weekend is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, she was until we moved into the same state as her school, LOL!

      Delete
  12. I’m glad to hear your daughter is settled and only 90 minutes away. Great book finds this week ! Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got the same freebie as you! I keep track of my DNFs on Goodreads, I rarely get past page 50 before I give up. But I can see how it is nice to just have it cleared from GR. Although it helps me in case I try to pick it up again to see all the comments I wrote as I tried to read before. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, normally I would DNF on Goodreads, I just felt kind of bad, LOL!

      Delete
  14. Hope your daughter has a good college year!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy the reading. Hope no more DNF books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It will be nice to have her so close, I hope she has a great year. I have 1 at uni that is 4 hour drive south if us, and 1 that is a 4 hours north of us.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be. I hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete
  17. We will be taking our grandson to his university for the first time in mid-September - and it's only an hour away. We're getting everything together and hoping we don't leave anything important behind - it's such a milestone!! And I'm with you regarding the DNF books. If I don't thoroughly enjoy a book - I stop reading and get rid of it. Life's too short to wade through something I don't enjoy! Have a great week, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for your daughter being closer so that the move wasn't such a slogfest this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck to your daughter! I hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete