Saturday, January 6, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #103, Sunday Post #100, Sunday Salon #94

Hey bookish friends! This was a lighter week for me as I didn't have to work at my nanny job. But, we added more students to our Friday night sewing classes (yay!), so there was extra work for that. I am totally wiped out today. My plan for this weekend is to read, blog, hang out with my family, and relax. Monday life gets busy again, so I am going to try to fill my tank 😉 What are your plans for this weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: 

 

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished 3 books this week, and still need to do the review for one of them. I didn't have as much reading time as I thought I would. However, I DID have my first 5-star read of 2024-The Souls of Lost Lake by Jaime Jo Wright. I did do a lot of blogging, as you can see below.

After 8 weeks, I finally got my car back!!!! I am thrilled to have my heated seats and steering wheel back 😂 and it drives great too! I saw the sign below at Hobby Lobby and got a giggle out of sending it to my son. Maybe you need the reminder too 😉

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: You Make It Feel Like Christmas

December Reading Wrap up 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books of 2023

Book Review: Live in Grace, Walk in Love 

Analyzing my 2023 reading goals and Reading Challenges 

Book Review: The Grave Robber

Book Review: The Souls of Lost Lake

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

34 comments:

  1. I need a chill weekend too -- busy time! And hurrah for finally getting your car back.

    Hope you get some time to read and relax!

    My weekly roundup post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took down the Christmas tree today. Now I need to catch up on some cleaning and some blogging. Enjoy your weekend. And yay for getting more students coming to your sewing classes. That's awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Poetry Remedy. I listened to the author (of the book not the poems) read it for audiobooks. Excellent use of my time while I walked the dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, that's cool! I am reading it, slowly :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for the return of your car! That's a good start to a more relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, I agree!! Even my husband said today he had missed my car!

      Delete
  5. Glad you found a five star book this early in the year. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all caught up on reviews for the first time in a couple of weeks, and it feels so good. Well worth the effort to write two book reviews today. So I sympathize with you still needing to write one review. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Yay for being caught up, that is an awesome feeling!

      Delete
  7. I’m glad the class is going well. I’d really like to have some sewing lessons, I’m not very confident with anything but basic skills.
    Given the snow on the car I’m sure those heated seats are welcome.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelley, heated seats are much needed!!! We are loving our sewing classes, the kids are awesome!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you had a quiet week. I actually really like them. I can't have a quiet week that often though or my depression takes over.

    That's cool that you participate in a sewing class on Fridays. I've decided I want to get into quilting this year. I should look for a group I can join.

    I hope you have a good week despite it being busy.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, we are TEACHING the sewing classes, and crochet classes. I want to do a quilt this year too :) I also enjoy the quiet weeks, these days they are few and far between. Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. Yes!! You got your car back!! I was scanning your post to look for mention of the car, and was so happy to see it's back! I can't believe it was 8 weeks, but I'm so happy you finally got it back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, thank you for empathizing with me on the car journey!! It needs to be celebrated, LOL! I am thrilled to have it back!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on getting your car back! I hope you're enjoying your Sunday and your week goes smoothly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for getting the car back! And hope you're having that relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you were able to have a relaxing weekend! Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray, you got your car back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you are able to get some rest this weekend. It sounds like you had a busy week! I am glad you got your car back. I have The Poetry Remedy on my TBR shelf. I hope you enjoy it! I look forward to reading your thoughts on it. Yay for your first 5 star read of the year! And in the first week! I haven't been able to read as much as I had hoped this past week either. I hope you have a great week, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I have read a few pages of The Poetry Remedy. It is not something I would normally read, so it's not something I gravitate toward.

      Delete
  15. No rest for us. We are bringing the youngest back to college this weekend, but that does mean we missed a major snow storm at home.

    Great news on getting the car back. Love heated seats. Hope you enjoy your books this week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you get no rest, Cheryl. I am thankful my daughter now drives herself to and from school, LOL!

      Delete
  16. I’m happy to see you have your car back! I love the heated seats too. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your car was gone so long I forgot what was wrong with it! LOL

    Glad you got it back.

    ReplyDelete