Saturday, May 4, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #119, Sunday Post #116, Sunday Salon #110-The One Where She Graduates

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? IT IS GRADUATION WEEKEND! Yesterday we went to Mount Vernon and threw our daughter a small graduation party with her friends. This morning we are there for her graduation, will have lunch with her, and get home late in the afternoon. It's been an exhausting week/month, with lots of extras, but so thrilled to be at the finish line with my daughter's extra school stuff.  Tomorrow will probably be church online and then relaxing!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library Treasures: 

 

Kindle Freebies: None

ebook ARC: None

Book Mail: For Review:

 
WON: 
 
Bought: None.

Other updates:

This week was another busy week. I spent a lot of time on our sewing business playing catch up. Plus, I spent most of the day Thursday making cupcakes for my daughter's graduation party (pics below). I finished 5 books this week (2 were audiobooks). This past Wednesday was my 3-year anniversary for this blog, and while I meant to celebrate (ie-buy a book), I was too busy and it did not happen 😂 Maybe next year I will celebrate with a book on my 4th blogiversary!

Me and my girl
My kiddos
Gluten free cupcakes
Reese's cupcakes
School pride, one of my daughter's friends is fabulous at doing nails!

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Sandcastle Inn by Irene Hannon

Book Review: The Widow of Falbrooke Court by Kasey Stockton

Top Ten Tuesday: Reasons I have DNF'd books

Book Review: Double Take by Lynette Eason

3-Year Blogiversary

April 2024 Reading Wrap-up

Book Review: Love in Tandem by Becca Kinzer

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

38 comments:

  1. Congrats to the graduates.
    Here's what I'm reading: https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2024/05/sunday-salon-cozy-and-less-cozy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay that she graduated! That's so awesome. (And I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Loyally, Luke! That's one I really want to read.) Enjoy your weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark! I haven't started Loyally, Luke yet since I have a set date for a review, but soon!

      Delete
  3. College graduation is really a big deal in my view, and I wish your graduates all the good luck in their careers! And congrats to you for all the work and effort it takes to be a parent.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your daughter!

    I've enjoyed some other Amanda Flowers books, so I hope you enjoy the book you got this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your daughter!! What an exciting time!

    I love the option of online church these days for those times when you need it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin. Yes, we definitely needed it today, we are SO wiped out. I had a nap too, and don't feel like I have rested at all, LOL!

      Delete
  6. Huge congratulations on your daughter's graduation:)). No wonder you are proud. I love the look of the Amanda Flowers book - I'll have to see if I can track it down. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation and on your blogoversary!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations - what an exciting graduation weekend! Thanks for sharing the photos. Hope you get some rest today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the graduate, my son graduated last year so now we are on to the college adult era of parenting. He still living at home but attending classes at the local community college just down the road. It so hard to adjust to teen to adult but i think i am getting there. Those nails look wonderful. Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, yeah, the adjustments are hard! My son is 19, has been out of high school for 2 years, and works full time. He is thinking about going to college, but he really doesn't know what he wants to do. My daughter just finished, but doesn't have a lot of plans for the future yet either.

      Delete
  10. Awww your daughter is beautiful! Congrats to her. Those cupcakes look delicious! Wish I had one right now. I have NO sweets in the house. Waaaah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, LOL! I had no sweets either, until I whipped up another batch of gluten free cupcakes, LOL! I am going to serve them as strawberry shortcake after dinner. Although, I am tempted to skip dinner and go straight for dessert, LOL!

      Delete
  11. Congrats to your daughter! That's wonderful. And Happy Blogoversary!

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you celebrate with cupcakes! Congratulations to your daughter and Happy Blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a fabulous week. Congratulations to your daughter. Awesome news on your blogoversary! Keep up the great work!

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the graduation and the blogiversary! Lots to celebrate this week.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your daughter and to you for all the support I'm sure you've given her over the years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a happy time for you, Cindy! Congratulations to your daughter and best wishes to her in her future plans!

    Happy blogoversary to you! Maybe next year you will have more time to celebrate your accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love the pictures, that looks like a wonderful celebration, and you have such a lovely family! Congratulations to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulation to your daughter on her graduation! Best wishes to her! And happy belated blogiversary. Your library books and review books all look good, Cindy. The Amanda Flower one caught my eye with that cover and Love in Tandem looks like fun! I hope you enjoy them all and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete