Saturday, May 25, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #121, Sunday Post #118, Sunday Salon #112

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? Another crazy week around here! I woke up on Wednesday with my right clavicle bone swollen and couldn't get into the doctor until Friday. Friday morning, the doctor canceled, and I had to schedule another appointment in another office further away. No answers, but put on anti-inflammatory meds for the next 6 days. We also had some shocking news, and in our sewing class a student wasn't paying attention and sewed the machine needle right over her finger, breaking the needle through her finger!! She got a quick trip the the ER. I am ending this week very frazzled and exhausted.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library Treasures:

our book club pick for June

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail:

Won from Kav's blog :)

Ebook ARC:

Bought: none

Other updates:

On Monday, I went through the books on my shelves and cleaned out 9 books that I knew I was never going to read. Most of them were cozy mysteries or Biblical fiction, and I had had them for 3-4 years. By taking them off my shelves, I made room for the new books I had gotten right before that 😁. I finished four books this week, but need to write reviews for three of them (finished last night and earlier today).

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Engaging the Earl by Mandy Goff

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Would Love A New Book From

Book Review: Love Overboard + Giveaway by Shannon Sue Dunlap

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

24 comments:

  1. I like to periodically go through my books and get rid of any books I haven't read in more than a year. It definitely makes room for more books.

    Oh my! I can't even think about sewing through a finger. Eek! And your problems with swelling...oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, it is never boring around here, but I could do with a little less excitement, LOL! Yes, always making room for more books :)

      Delete
  2. Wow what a week you have had! I hope that next week is better and everyone gets well soon!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/05/25/stacking-the-shelves-library-loot-23/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot to go through! I felt the pain in her finger as I was reading about it! I hope you are feeling better soon too and you can enjoy some rest and relaxation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about the swollen clavicle - that's very painful. As is running a sewing machine over your finger... I hope the coming week a MUCH kinder one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you're feeling better and wow about the sewing needle! Enjoy your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending healing thoughts your way. That's a good feeling to clear away books that aren't getting read in favor of ones that might.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about the issue with your clavicle. That does not sound good. And then a sewing accident, too? What a crazy week. Praying this next week is a better one for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that you had such a weird week. Ours had some stress too but I am trying my best to unwind some this weekend. I hope your week gets a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually donate when i finish a book either to paperback swap, library, or a free little library. I tend to keep series that are not finished or ones that are signed or have a really special meaning to me. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I get rid of the ones I have read when I am finished if I know I am not going to read them as well. I have about 12 books waiting for me to find a free little library to get them to.

      Delete
  10. Yikes, what a week! Don't even want to imagine a sewing needle going through a finger... hope this week is less eventful. I usually donate my books to the library for their used book sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn. I donate to the library and free little libraries as well.

      Delete
  11. I think I'm going to have bad dreams now about sewing machines yikes! How painful for that person. And I hope the inflammatories are helping you. Quite a mystery. take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, i had a nightmare that night about the sewing machine too, then had to get back up and work on them the next day too!

      Delete
  12. Shocking news, a swollen clavicle, and the sewing machine horror!!! Too much for one week. Hope things are calmer this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your clavicle is feeling better! I'd also be freaked out by a broken needle in a finger. I hope this week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete