Saturday, June 29, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #126, Sunday Post #123, Sunday Salon #117

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I worked all week, and will go back to work in a few minutes. Later, my daughter wants me to go thrifting with her. After that, the plan is to relax, crochet, and read! Tomorrow is church followed by more of the same!!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: 


Library Treasures:

The Reconciliation has been sitting on my TBR for 4 years, I am making an effort to read the books that have been on there the longest, and not just the new releases 😉

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished three books this week and am caught up on the reviews. I will finish another one this evening. I am headed to TN on Tuesday, so I might be MIA this week.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Juliette and the Monday Mandates by Becky Doughty

Book Review: Stevie Hates Shoes by Donna Chisum

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases Fall of 2024

Book Review: Night Falls on Predicament Avenue by Jaime Jo Wright

Book Review: Renata and the Fall from Grace by Becky Doughty

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

38 comments:

  1. Have a good week on your travels and other fun activities. Good luck with thrifting.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mae! My daughter was happy with her finds :)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't get Cold Vengeance on NG as it's a Wish for It in my case. Hope it's a good read. I liked the book cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I got it because I am doing it for a tour review for Just Reads Publicity. Do you review for them?

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the thrifting. I hope you find something good. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, my daughter found 5 dresses, a pair of sandals, and ankle boots, I found yarn :)

      Delete
  4. Thrifting is a new and popular thing among the young, I think. It's one of the things my granddaughter loves to do.

    I hope you get time to rest, relax, read, and crochet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I have always enjoyed it too, finding clothing and books cheaper than regular stores!

      Delete
  5. I hope you manage to read and crochet! Thrifting sounds exciting.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/06/29/stacking-the-shelves-70/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, I have had some time already to do both, and I plan to do more this afternoon :)

      Delete
  6. I could use someone to sit with crocheting. My Nana taught me but I do better by watching and hands on instruction. So far I can only make blankets.

    Hope your week goes well and you get some good deals thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I taught myself 3 years ago and now me and my daughter teach classes! I love crocheting and love learning more and more stitches :)

      Delete
  7. You had a productive week! Yay! I love it when reading and blogging seem to work out the way I planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, me too! Productive and busy weeksss....

      Delete
  8. At the risk of sounding like a broken record.... Sadly, that's much of life, the daily ins and outs of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, it is, but it shouldn't be. I am determined to find the balance once I get caught up on a few things.

      Delete
  9. That sounds like a wonderful weekend to me! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Safe travels, happy reading, and have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to learn how to crochet soon! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronyell! You Tube has great videos for learning, it's how I learned!

      Delete
  12. I really enjoy thrifting for treasures! I hope you find some Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been doing a lot of crocheting lately. Right now, I'm working on some plants to put in all my pots. I'm so excited because I don't have to worry about keeping them alive. LOL. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It was good to hear from you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, lol, I get it! I am not good at keeping plants alive either.

      Delete
  14. I like the sound of Cold Vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hena, I am looking forward to it. I have enjoyed the rest of the series.

      Delete
  15. I hope work isn't wearing you down too much and you are enjoying the free time you can find in between everything. Going thrifting with your daughter sounds like fun! I didn't get in as much reading this weekend as I was hoping, but I fit in some. I hope you have a great week, Cindy! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I feel like I stay worn down. I am hoping for renewed energy. Have a great week!

      Delete
  16. Looks like you've been busy. Your library treasure sounds good. Hope you enjoy your week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-jul-1.html

    ReplyDelete