Saturday, August 17, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #133, Sunday Post #130, Sunday Salon #124

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? Today my husband is going to join me for my Quilt Shop Hopping. I have visited 34/84, so 26 shops this week!! (all of my time in the car was listening to audiobooks!) We are headed into Amish country and plan to eat lunch there (hoping to hit all 9 shops). We will be gone around 8ish hours, then Church Sunday, and relaxing.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: 

Library Treasures: None

Kindle Freebies: 

Ebook: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

It was a good reading week and I loved being able to listen to audio books for so many hours in the car. It made it easier to be in the car that long, and it made the time pass quickly. I finished 6 books this week (one review will post tomorrow), two were audio books. I also unloaded 5 books from my physical bookshelves, one I finished and didn't love, and the other four I have no interest in reading. Here is a very small sampling of the quilt blocks I am collecting. The first one is the state block, which I bought. The other two are the size you get at each store, with a different saying on them, and I am loving them!

 

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Summer Ever After by Kortney Keisel

Book Review: Tired of Being Tired by Jess Connolly

Top Ten Tuesday: Let's Travel!

Book Review: Summer Tease by Martha Keyes

Book Review: A Penny for Your Thoughts by Mindy Starns Clark

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

28 comments:

  1. I have added too many ebooks to my NetGalley stack and will never catch up, so I try to limit any new books.I am still watching Netflix, with K dramas inbetween reading new books coming in. Tons to read. I should get out and about more too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I have a 99% ratio with Net Galley and once I read Jaime's book, I will be back up to 100%. I stress having that many hanging over me for review, I did for a year and now I am WAY more selective.

      Delete
  2. Going to quilt shops in Amish country sounds like a delight. How wonderful it is that you are able to listen to audiobooks while you travel to your next destination. I envy you your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I am enjoying seeing my new state in this way!

      Delete
  3. Happy Quilt Shop Hopping! It sounds like a very fun day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going quilt shopping in Amish country sounds like a great time! Your husband is a gem to accompany you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah for a good reading week! Audiobooks are perfect for long journeys, I need to pick a new one for me and my wife's next trip. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicky, I agree, audiobooks are perfect for long journeys!

      Delete
  6. I hope you had a fun weekend. The Quilt Hopping sounds like fun. So, does the lunch. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried audiobooks many years ago and didn't like them. Then in '14 I tried them again and something clicked and now I love them. My mom was a quilter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I love that I can read and do something else :)

      Delete
  8. Wow!!! You've hit up a lot of quilt shops on your hop! That's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! :D I'm so glad you got to go to so many quilt shops! I think it would be so fun to go to Amish Country. I bet the food and quilt shops are awesome. I hope you have fun! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, I have always been fascinated with the Amish, so I really enjoy going.

      Delete
  10. The quilt blocks look great and I love the sayings too! Specters in the Glass House has really caught my attention, that's a gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, I LOVE Jaime Jo Wright's books, she is an auto-read author for me!

      Delete
  11. I love visiting Amish country, and always grab some ShoeFly Pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun time. I never got much into quilting, but used to cross stitch. I might again one day. Hope you enjoy your week and your books.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-aug-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh! Lucky on Jaime's one - I never get approved for Bethany on Netgalley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarita, it's from Jaime herself, just on Net Galley, otherwise I might not have gotten it either, LOL!

      Delete
  14. You've been really busy! We recently visited my brother-in-law and his wife for the first time since they moved to Pennsylvania (She's from PA but they met while she was living in FL). They're near an Amish community. My sister-in-law's family was shocked that my husband and I had never even heard of shoofly pie, which I guess is an Amish recipe? Her dad bakes his own but didn't have time before we left so he bought us one from the grocery store. It was still fantastic! I'm not even a huge fan of molasses and I loved it. If you haven't tried it yet, I recommend it! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, no, I haven't tried shoofly pie, but it sounds like I should :) Have a great week!

      Delete