Saturday, July 11, 2026

Stacking the Shelves #216 Sunday Post #213 Sunday Salon #207

Hey, my bookish friends!!  How are you all doing? I am doing okay. It was a long week with multiple appointments. I came out of my first appointment (Monday morning, before work), feeling fat and stupid. Wednesday was an eye appointment, hoping to get answers for some of my vision problems I have been having (light sensitivity and stuff), but no answers. However, everything looked great, and I am thankful for that. Thursday morning I finally had a table tilt test (it was rough), I almost passed out (which is good, I had reactions), and will get my results (hopefully) on Wednesday (testing for POTS syndrome). I was miserable the rest of the day, but so thankful it is over, and I will get results, just not sure which way it will go. This weekend we don't really have any plans, other than church. If the weather cooperates we will be out walking/hiking, but beyond that, it's mostly relaxing.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your  shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

Net Galley: None

Library Treasures: 

 
 
 

Hoopla:

 
 

Bought: The FINAL book in the Sheet Cake series, I am so excited!

Book Mail: I am pretty sure my secret Santa sent this one!

Kindle Freebies: None

Kindle ARC: Yes, I am on the launch team and I bought my own paperback copy. It will complete my set!

Other updates:

Funnily enough, not one of the books featured here today made my LONG list of books I want to read this summer! We'll see if I end up reading these or not. I finished three books this week, and I have one more chapter in the nonfiction book I have been reading. I hope to have the review up for it tomorrow.

I have updated my other blog recently if you are interested (including a post on our visit to Shipshewana, Indiana): Encounters with the Davis Family

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Diamond's Are A Girl's Best Friend by Kate Watson

Book Review: Reverie by Drew Taylor

TTT: Stars, Stripes, and Hockey Nights

Book Review: The Bookshop of 99 Doors by Jaime Jo Wright

Book Review: Planes, Reins, and Automobiles by Kate Watson

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend! 

    Sunday Post

46 comments:

  1. No worries, Trump's fat and stupid everyday so you're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how to take this comment, but I am not fat or stupid, even though I am overweight. I didn't appreciate the doctor making me feel that way was my point.

      Delete
  2. I had never heard of a table-tilt test — it sounds unpleasant! Good to hear that you are getting attention for your problems. Good luck with resolving them!
    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, it was rough. I am not still supposed to be feeling the effects from it, yet I am still not feeling great. I am looking forward to the results as it will hopefully shed light on how I can better take care of myself. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. That tilt test sounds rough - I had a hard time with the physio doing the Epley maneuver as I didn’t want the vertigo to increase. I really hope your experience leads to a successful treatment Cindy. Enough is enough, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie, the Epley maneuver is ROUGH. I have had PT to have it done three times. The table tilt test was awful, much harder than I could have possible anticipated. I do hope it leads to answers and solutions! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. It sounds bloody awful, but if you will, please define "rough". You definitely deserve the hiking and/or relaxing after a week of appointments like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, rough=strapped to the table from the chest down, with your right arm straight out, strapped in that position with an IV in the arm. The only thing you are allowed to move is your left arm and your head, marginally. They tilt the table a certain degree and hold it 2 minutes, then further, 2 minutes, finally you are standing upright where you are to hold this position for up to 45 minutes, explaining your symptoms, and then they will lower you back to laying down. Again, you are not allowed to move your legs/feet/toes at all. It was exhausting, my legs and feet hurt and I got to the point at minute 35 where I blacked out and they had to lay me down quickly. I haven't felt good since, not completely recovering. You don't think standing is going to be a hard test, until you realize you can't shift your weight at all.

      Delete
    2. OMG. Thank you for explaining. That is indeed "rough"!!! I could never. I'd die from the stress just trying to get up the nerve to go to the appointment. I''m so sorry you had to endure that!!!

      Delete
    3. Jinjer, you are welcome. I am all about learning about new things, and explaining them to those who are interested. Medical is so complex, but fascinating as well. The more you learn, the more you realize you didn't know. The technicians are trained and only do these tilt tests every day! I never knew that was a position until I had the test.

      Delete
  5. I’ve been through every test under the sun so I get it…not that tilt one though that sounds awful! Praying you feel better and get some answers. Hope your books get you through the week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shellie, I have had a gazillion tests as well, not fun, but necessary. Have a good week!

      Delete
  6. I hope you get some answers from your testing with ways to feel better. I’d say you need to drop the doctor who made you feel fat and stupid. What a jackass! Pamper yourself while you’re recovering from the testing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia. It was a fill in doctor because my primary is out of office until August.

      Delete
  7. Ugh. All those tests. I hope the medical folks are able to look at the results of all those tests and figure out what is going on and, most of all, I hope they are able to make you feel better, And I hope the person in charge shares your treatment plan with you in a way that makes you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you start getting the results and help to feel better soon. That sheet cake series looks adorable. Going on my TBR right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I have LOVED the Sheet Cake series, they are so fun!

      Delete
  9. I've seen table-tilt tests. I can understand why you'd feel awful after that experience! I hope you get some answers from it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m sorry you had such a tough week. I hope you finally get some answers from your tilt table test—it sounds like it was a difficult experience, but hopefully it brings some clarity. Wishing you a relaxing weekend, good news on Wednesday, and, if the weather cooperates, a peaceful walk or hike. Happy reading! 📚🤍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your interaction with the doctor is why I avoid them like the plague. I hope you get answers soon.
    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelleyrae. Unfortunately, I can't avoid them, I have to see them in order to keep up with my prescription meds.

      Delete
  12. That sounds like a pretty rough week to me, but I hope at least the tests provide the answers you need in order to get the proper treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry you had a bunch of rough doctor's appointments last week! A couple weeks ago I had a couple appointments, including some blood work where I had a panic attack and almost passed out (I really hate needles). I hope this upcoming week is better for you! It looks like you have lots of fun books to help you get through it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karis, oh no, I am so sorry, that sounds rough! I don't mind needles, as long as I don't look. I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  14. I'm so sorry for all you are going through. I never heard of a table tilt test. That sounds awful. I hope they have some answers for you soon. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sorry you didn't have a good experience with that first doctor. That sucks when they are like that. And I hope that you get some answers soon with your tests!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sorry to hear you have to go through all these tests. The table tilt reminds me of tests I had to do for Meniere's disease. Pretty horrible, and you can't but throw up, as they are all about balance.
    I hope you get good results and have a better week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eye doctor asked me this week if I had Meniere's disease, I have never been tested for it. I hope you have a great week, Emma!

      Delete
  17. Women's healthcare is a huge ragepoint for me. Hope you get some answers and feel better for real! My reading schedule is sideways since they announced my community's battle of the books - Add four more books in the next month! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the test results are helpful!

    And ugh, light sensitivity is awful. Luckily my migraines tend to be much more about dizziness and movement disturbance than light sensitivity, I'd hate to be cooped up in a dark room. Hope you're managing with the vision issues!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Light sensitivity goes with POTS so it would fit. I have a ton of symptoms of POTS. can you handle heat at all? It's been such a struggle for me and I've ended up avoiding so much this summer because of it. I miss when my health was bad but tolerable. this is just awful. I am setting up a primary appointment with my doctor but i doubt she will send me for POTS testing. I hope you get answers! Looks like you've been reading a lot of great books! I've tried some of these authors and enjoyed most of them. I have to admit I am not the biggest romance fan these days, though. I will probably come back around to them, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, we have to advocate for our health, no one else will. The heat makes the symptoms worse, but I have learned how to manage them (mostly). I am the same, I love suspense, but have been avoiding them lately (too much drama). I need light and fluffy right now.

      Delete
    2. I have been craving light and fluffy too. I can't believe I'm saying this but I might actually take a break from...gasp...Agatha Christie for this month. That would be unusual for me. Really, though, I can only read about one of her books a month because even though she doesn't write gore or sex, the topics can be depressing. I am abandoning one she wrote as Mary Westmacott because it is soooo depressing!

      Delete
    3. Lisa, I get it. I can't do depressing right now either. Although the book I am reading and the one I am listening to have darker themes, sigh. LOL. You can't always know that before going into a book.

      Delete
  20. Hi! Cindy. It's been a while since I visited here, and I hope all your results came out well. Thank you for sharing these lovely books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, welcome back! I will get my results Wednesday, I am anxiously awaiting them.

      Delete
  21. The table-tilt test sounds as if it belongs in a medieval torture chamber - no wonder you're still feeling rough:(. Fingers crossed the results of all those tests will provide some positive answers. Hope the coming week is a kinder one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, cruel, but necessary punishment, LOL!

      Delete