Saturday, September 5, 2026

Stacking the Shelves #221 Sunday Post #218 Sunday Salon #212

Hey, my bookish friends!!  How are you all doing? We enjoyed our visit to NC last weekend, it was nice to see my in-laws. There were some stressors (who is surprised?), but overall it was good. I had a neurologist visit on Thursday and we made a plan for the migraines I have been having, and I am hopeful it will help. I liked the doctor as well. My husband's van is on it's last leg, so we are car shopping today (Saturday). I need a car with all wheel drive for the weather we have here, and my commute to work, so I will get the new to us vehicle, and my husband will get mine. We are house hunting on Monday. We are more than ready to be out of our rental, and hope to find something before December. What are your plans for the weekend? 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your  shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

Library Treasures:

Bought: None

Book Mail: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Other updates:

With our travels last weekend, I only finished three books this past week. I decided not to carry on with one of the series I was reading, so that knocked two more books off the TBR (progress is progress, LOL).

After 5ish hours we came home with a Kia Seltos

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

August Reading Wrap Up 2026

TTT: F is for fantastic favorites

Book Review: The Escape Plan by Katie Bailey

Book Review: A Confirmed Rake by Martha Keyes

Art of Writing 2026 Tour

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend! 

    Sunday Post

32 comments:

  1. Buying a new car and house hunting? No wonder you're having migraines. Hope this new treatment plan helps! And that you have a relaxing weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is a fun color for the Kia. We are also simultaneously car and house hunting, but not as efficiently as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, we had no choice on the car, my husband's van was dying a slow and painful death, until we go to the dealership, then it started making even more weird noises, LOL! It had to be settled. We have been looking for a house since before we sold ours in December, and we are more than ready to be home owners again, and out of our rental.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the new car, good luck with the house hunting, and that trailer book looks cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, hope you feel better soon. No more migraines while house hunting and buying a new car. Have a nice weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New car and house hunting is a lot! May you have a great, migraine free week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new car!! It looks so cute! And so does the Second Chance Trailer Park. :)

    I hope that the doctors can help you with your migraines. They sound miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover of The Second Chance Trailer Park :) Hope your headaches are better soon, and congrats on the new car! Lots of good things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new car, it's nice. Hopefully the doctor can help with the migraines. The Second Chance Trailer Park cover is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The car looks nice! And glad you had a good time in NC (for the most part anyhow...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, we are praying it does as well!

      Delete
  11. Whew! You have been busy! Good luck with the house hunting. Your new (to you) car is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy House Hunting! Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a lot going on—congrats on the new Kia, and I hope the house hunting goes well on Monday! Fingers crossed that the new migraine plan brings you some relief too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh! I hope you get some relief from the migraines. I used to suffer from them years ago when I was on birth control meds. You have my complete sympathy. Good luck with both the car shopping and house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your new car! It looks beautiful. I hope they can help you with your migraines. I know from experience how bad they can be. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colour of your new car!
    I hope the doctors plan helps with your migraines, I suffered with them for years but they are very infrequent these days thankfully.

    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete