Saturday, March 4, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #63, Sunday Post #60, Sunday Salon #54

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? We are all feeling MUCH better this week. My husband made it through the whole week and my job let me go back to work on Thursday. This morning we played tourist and visited the Cleveland Public Library. The rest of the day will be family board games, reading, blogging, and relaxing :)

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: I am still catching up on the stack I have out, BUT the rest of the ones I had on hold over the last few months came in this week!


Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: See Bought

Bought: I received the ARC e-copy of this one but I wanted to own it!

Other updates:

I had a busy week, I forgot to mention above my daughter is home for spring break. She was here this past week and will be here next week too. This put me a bit behind on reading and blogging and visiting other bloggers-so sorry!

I finished 4 books this week (one was a cookbook and I finished Della and Darby a few minutes ago, that review will be up tomorrow).

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Cold Light of Day

Book Review: Smitten Book Club

Top Ten Tuesday: Weddings

February Reading Wrap Up

Book Review: The Food Allergy Baking Book

Book Review: Who the Bishop Knows 

First Line Friday #81-Della and Darby

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

42 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better in time to enjoy your daughter's spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how all your library holds come in at the same time. I am finishing up my last batch of holds and have a new batch that I will be picking up early next week, including Mistletoe Countess (can't remember the others). Enjoy your time with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, yes, it is funny! Then, of course, when I go to grab them something else catches my eye, LOL! BUT, hopefully, I will get caught up this month...just need to stay out of the library, LOL!

      Delete
  3. I've had that happen a couple times where so many library books come in at once, I can't keep up. I'm trying to manage that a little better, but there's not really a way to control it. Hope you get to all the books!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, there really isn't a way to control it. When we lived in NC it was a smaller system, so we always had the books in a few days. Here, it's a much larger system, so I have had books on hold since December and just got them. You basically have unlimited checkouts with no fees...so you don't have to be in a hurry to get the books back. I do have one I just got out that is a new book that is only a 14 day hold. But, the older books it seems like you can keep them forever (not that I do).

      Delete
  4. Looks like some great new books. I hope you enjoy all of them and have a fabulous weekend. - Katie

    My STS if you care to visit -- https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2023/03/stacking-shelves-4-march-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are all doing better!

    I've never heard of the gilmore girls campanion but my library has the audio so I've added it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, that's cool! I just happened upon it, I didn't know it existed either :)

      Delete
  6. I'm always interested in books about sisters and their relationship with each other. I myself have four sisters! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I understand that, I have 2 sisters, a brother, a half-sister, and a half-brother...family is complicated, LOL!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you all are feeling better. It's such relief

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frustrating when all your books come in at once, isn't it? If they spaced them out, you could get through them all.

    Enjoy your time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, I'm so glad you are all feeling much better. It would have been sad to have missed enjoying your daughter's visit home.

    My sister would love that Gilmore Girls Companion. I'm going to save that as an idea for her next birthday.

    My library books always come in at the same time for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Yes, I am looking forward to going through the Gilmore Companion, it has pictures in it and stuff, looks like it will be pretty neat! I think that's the way it works with library books, LOL.

      Delete
  10. So glad to hear that you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Lots of great books you have here! Hope you have a great week!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're feeling better, happy reading! The Bridge to Belle Island caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! Yes, The Bridge to Belle Island has been on my TBR for quite a while. Hoping to get to it before it is due back to the library.

      Delete
  13. I'm sorry to hear you and your family have been under the weather. I'm glad to hear you're all feeling better! I hope you have a great week!

    My Sunday News

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are feeling much better! ::)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are feeling better. Your books look great! Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad everyone is feeling better, Cindy! I hope your daughter is enjoying her spring break. I bet you are enjoying having her home. I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I am enjoying having my daughter home :) I hope you enjoy your week as well!

      Delete
  17. Spending time with family is always a good reason to take a blogging break. No apology necessary! I didn't realize there is a book about the Friends t.v. show. I just added it to my TBR. Just today I finished my third go-round with the entire series on blu-ray (though I've seen the episodes on t.v. many more times than that). Thanks for sharing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meezan, Friends is still a favorite. Now my daughter is old enough to start watching it and it is so weird! Her friends love it just as much as we did when we were her age, and of course we still do! I recently read Matthew Perry's Memoir, it was interesting.

      Delete
  18. I loved the Gilmore Girls and I didn’t realize their was a companion book. I will definitely look for it! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie, I love Gilmore Girls as well, and literally just happened up on it in the library! I knew there was a Gilmore Girls Cookbook but not a companion guide. It makes me wonder what else is out there.

      Delete
  19. I hope you enjoyed your time with your daughter. I used to look forward to spring break with my daughters and then they started making plans with friends..Sigh. They grow up! Enjoy your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, yes, Christmas was like that, she was home but I rarely saw her! They do grow up too fast!

      Delete
  20. Do we have a name for the unwritten law that all library book holds will inevitably come in at the same time? We should! I'm glad you're feeling better and you get to spend time with your daughter on spring break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes, I am sure it is an unwritten rule...librarians cackle with glee when it happens ;)

      Delete