Saturday, March 18, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #65, Sunday Post #62, Sunday Salon #56

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I am traveling this weekend. I am doing a quick trip to NC, driving there today, and coming back on Monday so that my son can FINALLY get his braces off! We are excited. I will catch up on comments as I can.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library


Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: For Review

Bought: (thrift store finds)


Bought when I met Allison Pearl last weekend:

Other updates:

I finished 6 books this week, 1 was an audiobook I had been reading for several weeks, and 1 was a nonfiction book I had been reading for a while. I still need to write and post two reviews.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Meet Indie Author Allison Pearl

Book Review: Royal Gone Rogue

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring 2023 TBR

Book Review: The Gilmore Girls Companion

Book Review: Without Warning

First Line Friday #83-Moving Target

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

38 comments:

  1. Alex Trebek! Love him and you grabbed some nice thrift book goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counterfeit Hope looks really good. And I want to read Trebek's memoir sometime. Enjoy your weekend away. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for fun things in Ohio. I must read that book.

    https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2023/03/sunday-salon-mystery-thrillers-new-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I am hoping it is a wealth of information :)

      Delete
  4. As soon as I saw Ohio Oddities I looked for it online and bought a copy, I'm from Ohio.

    I love Alex Trebek and miss him on Jeopardy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, Jeopardy is NOT the same without him. I can't even imagine watching it now. We are new to Ohio, so always looking for something new to explore!

      Delete
  5. Safe travels to you, Cindy. Braces off day is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, it really is! I know he is nervous that it won't happen.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a good stack of books. And congrats on finishing 6 books. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Only because two had been in progress for a while.

      Delete
  7. Great stack of books - Off the Beaten Page is the one that caught my eye - and those Allison Pearl titles/covers look fun. Have a great week!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books with doughnut covers!! I love it! And yay for your son! I remember when I got my braces off. It was such a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, we are SO ready, so hoping tomorrow goes well! Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. Congrats to your son! I hope you both have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be exciting to be getting his braces off!

    You will need to make sure you visit the donut shop in the morning before you start reading any of those Allison Pearl books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, no donuts for me, I am currently off sugar (yay!), although a donut always sounds good! Have a great week!

      Delete
  11. That's awesome for your son! I bet he's glad for that. :)

    Glazed Suspicion makes me want a chocolate glazed doughnut lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, my son is THRILLED to be done with the orthodontist!! Donuts are always good!

      Delete
  12. Hooray for your son! That must be an amazing feeling. Have a great weekend and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to you son! Yea! Hind's Feet on High Places is one of my lifetime treasure reads. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one I have wanted to read for a LONG time, I have heard fabulous things about it, so I was thrilled to grab it!

      Delete
  14. After the Shadows looks really interesting! So do all the donut covers. Hope you have a great week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Alex Trebek book looks good. I hope you had a great trip. Enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure your son is delighted to be without his braces. I hope your trip went smoothly.

    Bonhoeffer is a theologian I've been curious about. You're Already Amazing sounds interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, yes, my son is thrilled to be done with braces!! I have read some Bonhoeffer and enjoyed it, I am looking forward to this one too!

      Delete
  17. I hope you had an uneventful trip and your son got his braces off, that must feel so good. A friend read Bonhoeffer and loved it, although I see this one is an abridged version. I enjoyed the Trebek book, I listened to it. Have a great week, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, we did have an uneventful, productive trip!

      Delete
  18. Off the Beaten Page has been on my TBR for a while. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I saw it on another blog and my library had it so I reserved it. Not sure when I will get to it!

      Delete