Saturday, April 15, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #69, Sunday Post #66, Sunday Salon #60

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? My husband and I took a nice walk this morning, and then I ran some errands. I am spending some time this afternoon catching up on blogging. Tomorrow will be church and more relaxing in the afternoon 😁 Enjoy your weekend, I hope the sun is shining as brightly for you as it is here today 🌞

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: I took back ALL the books I had out so I could use this month to focus on catching up on ARCs and my own books/challenges...but then one of my holds came in 😂 (of COURSE it did!). I am going to try to squeeze it in, it is only a 14-day hold and I know others are waiting on it, so I don't want to keep it out the whole time.

 
P.S. I also checked out 8 Paleo/Auto-immune/Allergy books.

Kindle Freebies

ARC from author


Book Mail: None.

Bought: None.

Other updates:

I finished 6 books this week.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Chasing Secrets

Top Ten Tuesday: Animals Gone Wild

Book Review: After the Shadows

Book Review: Saving the Secret Prince

A Novel-Tea Evening & The Metropolitan Affair Review + Giveaway(ends 4/19/23)

First Line Friday #87-Miles From Nowhere

Book Review: Miles From Nowhere

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post  

26 comments:

  1. It finally got nice here ha ha weather wise so it's nice. Hope your weekend is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, yes, we've had a few nice days here too. We are supposed to have some snow flurries Mon/Tuesday.

      Delete
  2. Love the cover of the Hunter book. I don't like when my hold is over before I finish a book. I always get it again later to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend, Cindy! (I always have library holds coming in at inopportune moments, too. ) ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, LOL, it's a good problem to have, though :)

      Delete
  4. The Denise Hunter book looks so good. That's happened to me where I have my reading schedule set and then a book I placed on hold comes in and I can't resist. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the library system so that I know I'll EVENTUALLY get a book, and I actually kind of like the randomness of when they come in - whether I'm in the mood for that book or not - BUT, why do they seem to clump up?? Can't read them all at once!! Happy reading....
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-45

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, exactly. I am VERY thankful for the library system!!

      Delete
  6. I think we have to make exceptions to our rules when a highly-anticipated book with a long waiting list of readers arrives at the library for us. I pretty much have at least ten books checked out from the library all the time. I am trying to focus on the books I've had on hand a long time this year. I made a list of one hundred in January---for these books, it's read or pass on.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, that's a great idea! I am working on the books on my physical shelves. I have committed to 23, but I want to read more, last year I read 48. It would be easier if I stopped buying books, LOL!

      Delete
  7. When my library books come in all at once I have to pick which I think I can finish. Usually I look at the number of holds on the online app and tackle the ones I know I won't get to renew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, yes, I have been doing that as well. I don't want to prevent someone else from reading the book just because I haven't gotten around to it yet.

      Delete
  8. Every so often I just have to return all the library books and clear the decks, too. I'll put the ones I really want to read on hold again, but love a fresh start! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn, that's a great way of putting it, "clear the decks." Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. I hear you! I've had to return unread library books as well! Now I have a Goodreads TBR and a library TBR! LOL! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the books I got from the library were on my Goodreads list...so I will get there again ;) It's a process, isn't it?! LOL. Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  10. Oooh! Glad that you and your husband had a nice walk! I always enjoyed taking walks outside.

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for long walks. I helped my daughter and her children sort out warm weather clothes and prepare donation piles of things that don't fit. Clayton is all set, but Sophia needs everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, isn't that the way it works? My son always had hand me downs, but my daughter always needed everything.

      Delete
  12. Lol that sounds like me! When I want to read about a topic, I check out alllll the books on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course your hold came in as soon as you returned everything! There's some sort of rule about that, isn't there? And if you have multiple holds, they'll all come in at once! Good luck and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete