Sunday, May 28, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #74, Sunday Post #71, Sunday Salon #65

Hey bookish friends! I missed you all last weekend! I unintentionally took a blog hiatus. I was in TN, at my sister's house, and didn't have a moment of free time. I was off the blog for almost a week! I have been home since Tuesday, but I am still trying to catch up on ALL.THE.THINGS. 😂 I am exhausted, but hope to get back into my routines.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail: Won in a Giveway 😀


Bought: 


If you are ever in near Knoxville, TN, I highly recommend McKay's Used Bookstore (they are also in NC and VA). I took some books I no longer wanted, and used the store credit that I was issued and bought the first 5 books, and had a few dollars left that I gave to my mom. The other book and the two crochet magazines I bought new.

Other updates:

My reading has taken a major hit the past two weeks. I have finished 4 books in the last week and a half (one I had been reading for a month). I still need to write the review for one of the books.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Dare to Love the Guy Next Door

Book Review: Sold on Love

Book Review: Dare to Love My Fake Husband

First Line Friday #92-Counterfeit Faith

Book Review: Counterfeit Hope

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

25 comments:

  1. I just started teaching myself crochet this year - I'm finding it a great thing to do with my hands while I'm watching TV so I don't feel so much like I'm wasting time. :) Hope you enjoy your reading. Those first 4 books look like an interesting series. And the Paper Ghost book recommended by your friend sounds really good - off to take a look. Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I am LOVING crochet and am amazed at all I have learned this year!!! (also teaching myself). Have a fabulous week!

      Delete
  2. At least your blog hiatus was for a fun reason! :D And those crochet magazines sure have some fun animals on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, sorta true, LOL! I am excited about making some of those crochet animals. As a matter of fact, I have started the lion :)

      Delete
  3. Squeeeeeeeeeeee I love all those crocheted animals and little ketchup bottle and stuff!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinger-are they not the cutest?! I want to make them all!!

      Delete
  4. Henri Nouwan is an author whose books I've always wanted to read. I hope you will report back to us when you read and finish his book. Wait and See sounds interesting, too.

    I haven't taken a blog hiatus since I started blogging, and that will soon be exactly fifteen years ago. Maybe I'll do one to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I didn't want to do it, but I don't normally get posts up very far in advance and I was expecting to have free time on my trip. I had none at all.

      Delete
  5. Travel is great. Glad you got to spend time with your sister, but it's so hard to get caught up once you get home! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, so true! But, it's always great to see family.

      Delete
  6. Cindy, I didn’t realize, or forgot you crocheted! Looks like fun amigurumi pattern books! Looks like your got some real winners! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice to get away, but hard to catch up. Glad you found a bookstore you enjoyed and recommend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! Yes, I have been going to McKay's for YEARS :)

      Delete
  8. Welcome back! Your books look good. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, you sure had a busy week! I hope you get some rest!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your books all look good! And I glad that you had such a fun trip visiting your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m glad to learn you had a lovely time with your sister, and got new books to boot.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you have a nice visit, the crochet magazines look so fun! I love crocheting amigurumi. Happy reading and crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, crochet is my newest addiction, LOL!

      Delete