Saturday, July 8, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #78, Sunday Post #75, Sunday Salon #69

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? It's been three weeks since my last confession, I mean post 😉. I was sick for two weeks, my daughter and I lost our jobs (after we began the process of the small business, but not because of it), my sister and her family was visiting the second week of my sickness, and things have just been crazy. I have missed these posts and visiting your blogs!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies

Book Mail: (both for review)

Bought: None.

Other updates:

I only 3 books this week, the review for one will post tomorrow. I sent back all my library books so I could use July to focus on books I own and my ARCs and then I got a message yesterday saying a book I put on hold has come in 🤦. I will pick it up this week. Here are two personal updates, the first is about our small business, the second is my update from the month of June.

How the business came about

Share Four Somethings June 2023

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: The Happy Life of Isadora Bentley

Top Ten Tuesday-Book Covers with colors from the US Flag

June Reading Wrap Up 2023  My smallest reading month ever!!!

Book Review: Stories That Bind Us (our book club pick, everyone enjoyed it!)

First Line Friday #95-The Vegas Proposal

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

30 comments:

  1. Getting sick and losing your job? Not fun! I'm sorry. Hopefully better things are on the horizon for you and your daughter. And Positively Penelope looks so cute; I'm looking forward to reading that one, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I am feeling almost 100%. I pre-ordered Positively, Penelope and I am hoping it is here before I have to review it, I prefer my paperbacks :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the small business and hope it doesn't stress you out too much. Hope you are better soon. Blogging does help to clear the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harvee, it's a learning curve for sure. I am sure things will get easier once I get caught up on everything. I appreciate the encouragment.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! I'm sorry to hear about rhe jobs, and hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I'm so sorry to hear that you have been sick for two weeks and that both you and your daughter have lost your jobs. Here's to your small business. I hope that will work out well for you.

    I look forward to hearing more about Positively, Penelope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I clicked back and read your post about your business. Holy moly - what a couple of weeks! They say that things happen for a reason and hopefully this will be the right path for you. Best of luck.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, it has been insane, but I'm still standing, LOL! I am hoping/praying it is the right path for us as well. Thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete
  6. You've had a really big couple of weeks. Good luck with y our business. I wish you every success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marg, thank you so much!! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness... what a rollercoaster of events!! Glad you are feeling better now and best of luck with your new business. That is both exciting and scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn, I totally agree. I am trying not to let the fear get the best of me.

      Delete
  8. Oh my! It sounds like you've had quite the time these last few weeks! I hope you're feeling better. Good luck with your new business. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m sorry you’ve been sick and you’ve both lost your jobs. Wishing you much success with your new business!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well and lost your job. I hope you are feeling better. Good luck with the business. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you had a rough week. But glad that you are back!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    Please join the Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When it rains, it pours. Keeping your health and business up in prayer. Great list of books this week. Hope you enjoy them.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_0186212976.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, thank you so much for the prayers, they are greatly appreciated! I am pretty sure I am going to love all these books, or be sorely disappointed, LOL!

      Delete
  13. I am sorry you've been sick and lost your job on top of it. I am glad though you are feeling much better now and I hope all goes well with your business! It sounds like you are off to a promising start. It'll likely be slow going at first, but I think your vision is a good one, and I wish you all the best. Enjoy your new books, Cindy! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Wendy! I really appreciate the encouragement. I am thankful to be feeling better and I do plan to enjoy the books :)

      Delete
  14. WHAT??? That is SO not fair to lose your jobs AND be sick on top of it all!

    I wish you lots of success with your business!

    ReplyDelete