Saturday, July 15, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #79, Sunday Post #76, Sunday Salon #70

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? I am doing okay. Another busy week and I am on day 4 of another sore throat. Not sure what is going on. This morning my husband and I ran errands (including a trip to Barnes and Noble). This afternoon I worked on our business for a while, and then sewed for a while. Tomorrow I hope to rest and relax. What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library:


Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: (Won in a Giveaway)

Bought:

My library is doing a Read a book/Win a book contest for July and I won this week: 

Other updates:

I finished 3 books again this week and still need to do the review for one of them.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: The Vegas Proposal

Book Review: Splitting Harriet

Top Ten Tuesday-Most Anticipated New Releases 2nd half of 2023

Book Review: Land of Silence

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on the library win - wish our library did something like that! Maybe I'll suggest it. Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, you should!! I was super surprised to win :) They said I could enter again, but I won't.

      Delete
  2. Day 4 of a sore throat!! How annoying. My throat is sore right now, but only because I used a nasal saline spray and although the saline did a great job helping me breathe, it irritated the heck out of my throat. You win some, you lose some I guess.

    Banes & Noble!!! I just saw a thing on FB that said WE are getting a brand new B&N on the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, yay!!! New bookstores near us are always fun!

      Delete
  3. Oh no- hope you feel better! And that you have a nice and relaxing rest of the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling well - hopefully you feel better soon and no one else around you gets it. I love checking out bookstores! Have a wonderful week ahead Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your wins! I hope you enjoy both of them.

    I'm so sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better soon, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are feeling better. Congrats on your win! I hope you enjoy your books. They all look good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you getting any of the poor air quality where you are from the wildfires? I know that around here our AQ hasn't been great and it is giving people sore throats if they are out in it for a while. :( Hopefully you feel better soon. Congrats on your book win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, our AQ hasn't been bad until today and I have not gone out at all, LOL! I also don't plan on it. But, yes, we have been getting poor air quality from the wildfires.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your lingering sore throat. Hopefully that trip to Barnes & Noble made you feel better! I'm curious about the book on crochet. I was just telling another blogger that I need to learn. I see so many cute projects I'd love to try. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I started crocheting by watching YouTube videos and I HIGHLY recommend starting that way. Now I have an understanding of the terms and it makes it easier to read a pattern.

      Delete
  9. I hope you feel better soon and got a chance to relax!

    ReplyDelete