Saturday, November 11, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #95, Sunday Post #92, Sunday Salon #86

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? I had a very busy, crazy week. I worked all day Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday found me running errands, doing laundry and playing catch up. Thursday I had a doctors appointment, then drove to Indianapolis and back (getting my mom). I got stuck in bad accident traffic going AND coming back. Then, an hour from home my car started acting funny. I got off interstate and it completely died! Friday I had to get a rental because today I am headed to TN to watch my niece, while my sister goes to NC for medical testing. I will be back home on Wednesday. What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library:

Kindle Freebies:


Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished 4 books this week. One of them I had started weeks ago, and two were fairly short. Here's a pick of my sad car being towed away.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Shadows at Dusk

Book Review: Opening His Holiday Heart

Top Ten Tuesday-Top Ten Tuesday-Book Titles That Would Make Great Newspaper Headlines

Book Review: The Doctor's Christmas Dilemma

Book Review: Get Off Your Knees and Pray

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

30 comments:

  1. More horror have arrived...I have a feeling all those books from the Goodreads lists will still be arriving in January, lol. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no...your poor car! I'm so sorry. I hope it's not going to cost too much to get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, thanks. They said it would be a few days before they even had a chance to look at it. So, I have no idea. For now, ignorance is bliss.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your car! Lucky you weren’t hurt.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The car photo made me sad. I hope things are improving from that bad moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, it will be a few days before they can look at it and figure out what is going on.

      Delete
  5. Urg! So sorry to hear about your car problems and I hope they can be quickly sorted out without breaking the bank! Wishing you a kinder week, Cindy:)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Tammy's books. Sounds like a crazy, crazy week! I hope things are a little better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I am glad you were off the interstate though. :) Prayers for your sister's tests, and hopefully your car is working again soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your car, but glad you were able to get off the interstate and no one was hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you were able to get off the interstate before your car broke down and I hope it's not a big deal to get it fixed. I hope the drive to TN went smoothly and that your sister's medical testing has good results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! I’m glad you are safe and I hope it’s nothing serious with your car. I also hope your sister is okay - how sweet of you to watch your niece while she is away. Have a great week Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh. Good luck with the car. I am loving your holidays books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoping you get your car fixed and wishing a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer about the car. It must have been scary to break down. Glad you got off the freeway.

    Head Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, super thankful we got off the interstate!

      Delete
  14. Sad to hear about the car - but most important is that you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about your car. I'm glad that people were able to help you so that you were able to stay safe. I often forget how kind people can be.

    You are inspiring me to think about adding a holiday book or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am getting closer to submerging myself in them...not quite yet though, LOL!

      Delete