Saturday, January 27, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #106, Sunday Post #103, Sunday Salon #97

Hey bookish friends! Another busy week here, with making up all the classes we
couldn't teach last weekend because of our snow storm. I am on day three of fighting a migraine and I have one more class to teach today, and then I can relax for the rest of the weekend. How are you doing?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: For Review

Bought: It's our February Book Club Pick

Bought with my Barnes and Noble Gift Card:

Other updates:

I finished 4 books this week. I am planning to start the 90 Day Bible Reading Challenge in February. You can read about that here if you are interested.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Sleep Smarter-Quick Review

Book Review: The Divine Proverb of Streusel by Sara Brunsvold

Top Ten Tuesday: Forgotten Books

Book Review: Hunting for Love by Kaci Lane

First Line Friday #114-Chicken About Love

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

27 comments:

  1. I had a frustrating week at work so I'm very glad it's the weekend. Hopefully next week will be better. And I hope your migraine eases up and you can enjoy the rest of your weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark. I am sorry about your frustrating week :(

      Delete
  2. Gotta love a gift card! Nice little haul -- hope you enjoy!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the relaxing rest of the weekend works to get rid of the migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. True Confessions was one of my favorite books from elementary school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some good books. I've heard of your Feb. book club selection, but I've never read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, I haven't either, hopefully it will be enjoyable :)

      Delete
  6. I'm curious about the 90-day Bible Challenge. Tell me more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, here is the post I wrote about it. I included the first two pages of the book in the post to give an idea of what it looks like. Essentially you are reading the entire Bible in 90 days, with a reading plan of reading three times a day. https://encounterswiththedavisfamily.blogspot.com/2024/01/90-day-bible-reading-challenge.html

      Delete
  7. It's so difficult to try to catch up when days have been lost due to bad weather or other problems. I look forward to hearing more about 90 Day Bible Reading Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading the Bible in 90 days sounds like a great challenge, but apparently it's also a book! That's so interesting. I hope you'll tell us more once you've finished reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, I am excited to do it, and of course their will be a review and thoughts about it ;)

      Delete
  9. You have a wonderful list of books today, Cindy. Have a better week ☕📚🪱🤗🫶

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are able to get rid of that migraine soon. They are so miserable making, aren't they? I hope classes are going well and you were able to enjoy some of your weekend. It looks like you have some good reading ahead of you, Cindy. Fatal Witness sounds like it will be a good one. I hope you enjoy all of your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, yes they are!!! I hope you have a great week as well :)

      Delete
  11. I will have to get the 90-day Bible Challenge, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I hope you enjoy it!! I am looking forward to starting it.

      Delete
  12. Oh no! I'm sorry about the migraine. I hope you were able to get some resting in this weekend. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear about your migraine. They're the worst especially when you're busy and can't take a break. I hope your class went well and that you're able to relax now. I hope your migraine goes away quickly.

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-news-53/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so difficult to get anything done with a migraine. I hope you've been able to get some rest and you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Day 3 of a migraine! Oh lord...very hard to get anything done with one of those hanging on. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete