Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday-New-to-Me Authors I Discovered in 2023

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday is New-to-Me Authors I Discovered in 2023. I read 57 new-to-me authors in 2023, so I will narrow it down to my top 10 that I am likely to read again. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Top 10 New-to-me authors in 2023: (clicking on the book cover will take you to my review)

Kristi Ann Hunter - read 5 books and the book that made me want to read more

Kristin Canary - read 3 books and the book that started it all

Renee Ryan - read 3 of her books and this is the one that made me want more

Kaci Lane- I read 1 of hers but have already read 2 more of hers this month. Here is the one I started with and so far love the most

Becca Kinzer- I read her debut novel and am eagerly awaiting her sophomore novel


Suzie Waltner- I read one of her books and now want to read them all. I read the first of her Love in Color series, bought the second one on Kindle and the third one comes out soon.

Joanne Biscof- I put off reading her book for a long time because I didn't think I would really enjoy it. It was a 5-star read and one of my favorites from 2023

Christina Suzann Nelson - this is another author I had heard about and was sorry I had not tried her books sooner. Another 5-star, surprising story!

Jaycee Weaver - I read one of her novellas at Christmas and REALLY wanted to read the other two, but didn't get to them. This is another author that has been on my radar for a long time and I wish I had tried her books sooner. 

Robin Patchen - this is one more author I wasn't sure I wanted to try. I have so many suspense authors that I love, I don't necessarily need to find more 😉, however I am glad I tried her and need to read the next book in the series.

Did you read any new to you authors in 2023? Do you have a new favorite? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.

38 comments:

  1. What Happened Next sounds interesting.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of these authors but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed them so much. I may have to check some of them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I guess it depends on what genres you like as well :)

      Delete
  3. 57 new-to-you authors is amazing! Hope you'll find plenty more to love in 2024! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these, but there are a couple on here I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, these were all either 4 or 5 stars for me :)

      Delete
  5. I hope you continue to enjoy these authors in 2024.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/authors-i-first-read-in-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaci Lane is the only familiar name to me, but I haven't read her or any of the others here. I hope you enjoy more books from all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, looks like you had a fun year reading-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these. I hope you get the chance to read more by them in 2024

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list. Love Inspired is one of my favorite imprints. Cowboy romances are fun too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I am not the biggest fan of cowboy romances, but every once in a while I come across one that I enjoy.

      Delete
  10. What Happens Next was such a good read. It was one of my top reads of 2023. Seriously, everything she writes is so good!!! Great list, Cindy. I'm glad you found Kristi Ann Hunter. Everything she writes is good, too. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Henry, Love Edith is a book I have my eye on. Glad you found some new authors to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read the Waltner book Cindy but noe I want to read all the rest! What Happens Next is getting moved up on my TBR mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these authors, although several of them are on my TBR list. TO HENRY, LOVE EDITH sounds especially good. I need to read it at some point.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you found so awesome new authors last year! The Lady and the Lionheart is one of my faves. I have "Dear Henry, Love Edith" on my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashely, I loved it more than I thought I would! You should move Dear Henry, Love Edith up on your TBR, it was SO good!

      Delete
  15. I am always most delighted when I think an author is not for me, and the author surprises me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any of these authors, but I think it's always fun to find new ones we like. I'm glad you ended up loving all these authors and their books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni, yes, the TBR mountain grows each time we "discover" a new author :)

      Delete
  17. Christmas in Dixie sounds fun! Nice list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meezan, it was HILARIOUS! I loved it. I listened to it on audio and I HAD to download the other books in the series.

      Delete
  18. I really liked The Lady and the Lionheart. Not my usual read (plus I'm not the biggest historical fiction reader), but it was quite lovely. Also, I think I read something by Kristi years ago but asking me to remember what is probably stretching my memory. ;) Thanks so much for visiting my website, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What happens next is on my TBR. Loved The Lady and the Lionheart.

    ReplyDelete