Saturday, July 20, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #129, Sunday Post #126, Sunday Salon #120

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? Last weekend, Saturday did not go according to my plans, so I don't think I will make any for this weekend 😂 (and even that changed since I first typed it, I will be working at least part of the morning). It was a somewhat odd week, yesterday was my birthday and I am thankful to be beginning my 46th year on this planet. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

Library Treasures:

 

Kindle Freebies: None

Ebook: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished three books this week, with two being rereads. I feel like I spent the entire week rereading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It was a book club pick and I liked it okay the first time two years ago, and had no desire to read it again this week. Book club was Thursday night and we delayed the discussion on the book until our meeting next month since the person who picked the book couldn't be there. It was an odd blogging week too since I only finished one new book.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Twice Sold Tales (reread review!) by Chautona Havig

Book Review: Just Look Up by Courtney Walsh

Top Ten Tuesday: Elements That Will Keep Me Engaged in a Story

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

36 comments:

  1. The book club that I used to belong to read the Literary and Potato Peel book some time ago. I wasn’t crazy about it: my review is here —
    https://maefood.blogspot.com/2009/12/potato-peel-pie.html

    best, mae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mae, this is the second book club I have read it for.

      Delete
  2. I loved the Potato Peel Society book! I heard they made a movie from it but I don't know what it's called or if I can get it. Some of that plot was taken from real stories if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, it used to be on Netflix and it is the same title, but they change so many details from the book.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope it's a wonderful year for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you had a lovely birthday.

    Interesting looking books.

    Have a great weekend whatever you end up doing!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/07/20/stacking-the-shelves-library-loot-26/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fund day! And such good books to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great birthday! Hope you don't have to work too much over the weekend, that always sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicky, it was a very long Saturday and I am trying to have a lazy Sunday.

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday, Cindy! I almost never reread books when I was your age, and I really disliked rereading books I didn't want to reread. I don't know why, but now, at 67, I often like rereading.

    I hope you get a chance to relax this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I still dislike rereading, but there are a few exceptions...there is hope for me yet :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have been doing some things this weekend that make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! That's disappointing to show up prepared for a book club meeting and not discuss the book. My book club would handle that differently, but two of us are librarians and are prepared to lead a book discussion at the drop of a hat, if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, usually we would discuss anyway, but someone insisted we should wait so the one who couldn't come got the opportunity to discuss the book she had picked.

      Delete
  10. Happy birthday! I've wanted to read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society but still haven't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is well loved (just not by me, LOL!). I hope you do enjoy it when you get the opportunity to read it.

      Delete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday Cindy! I’m not one to read a book again but maybe one day! In the meantime there are simply too many books and too little time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie, I totally agree, which is why I *usually* don't reread a book!

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday! I never read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society although it's been on my wishlist forever. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne, hopefully you will enjoy it when you do read it.

      Delete
  13. Potato Peel Society! So good!!!! I read the book a long time before watching the movie, so luckily I didn't remember the main plot. I cried all the way through the movie it was so touching. And I love Dawsey. Sigh...

    Half the cast of Downton Abbey is in it. Rose, Lady Sybil, Mrs. Crawley. Henry Talbot (actor also plays a guy in GOT), and I also recognized the actor who plays Pauline on Doc Martin. Only actor I did NOT know was the bloody American. LOL

    But yah. I loved it. And the clothes, hair and makeup....ahhhh. Now I kinda want to read the book again. But, too many books, not enough time.

    Happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, you crack me up! I tried to watch the movie too soon after reading it the first time and I was disappointed in all the changes. Had I waited I probably would have enjoyed it.

      Delete
  14. Oh, a very Happy Birthday to you! May your new year be filled with many blessings and much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday! That Colleen Coble book looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, I am hoping I am able to get to it before it is due back to the library. It is only a 14-day loan.

      Delete
  16. Happy belated birthday, Cindy! :D 46 is a good age. (I'm also 46.) I hope this week goes more according to plans. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthday! Hope this week is better. Beauty and the Beach sounds fund. Hope you enjoy your books.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-july-22.html

    ReplyDelete