Saturday, July 27, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #130, Sunday Post #127, Sunday Salon #121

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? Last weekend, I had decided I wouldn't make any plans. I knew I had to work in the morning to prep for the week, but finding mouse droppings and scattered chocolate powder in the pantry made for a long day as we went on a mouse hunt and cleaning spree. We never found the mouse, it had only gotten into one muffin mix in the pantry, nothing else, and then mouse droppings in the basement in a few areas. We immediately set traps. Sunday morning there was a mouse in one of the traps in the basement. We haven't seen any signs of another one, so hopefully that took care of it. This weekend I am HOPING to rest and recover from another long (but good!) week.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library Treasures: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Ebook: None

Book Mail: (For Review)

Bought: None

Birthday Haul:

My husband got me the bike, my daughter got me the bookish socks, and my son got me the three books.

Other updates:

It was another low reading week. I hope it picks back up, but this might be my new normal. I finished two books and one short novella this week. I have five books checked out of the library and haven't had time to read any of them.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Clock Bound Tower by Chautona Havig

Top Ten Tuesday: Debut Novel Edition

Book Review: Cold Vengeance review + giveaway

Book Review: Love At First Sip by Amy Stephens

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

33 comments:

  1. Oh I hope the mouse situation has completely gone!

    A great looking birthday haul. I hope you had a lovely day.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/07/27/stacking-the-shelves-71/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, the mouse situation *seems* to be gone, so I am hopeful we caught it before things got out of control! I had an alright birthday :)

      Delete
  2. Nice birthday haul! And I hope that's the last you see of mice in your house. Wishing you a relaxing weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark, that is my #1 goal for this weekend, to simply relax :)

      Delete
  3. Oh No, I hope the mouse situation is resolved! & those bookish socks are adorable. Happy belated birthday! I love the cover for Beyond Ivy Walls, I hope the insides are just as good haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Nice gifts. Should someone have also given you a 24 hour mouse trap - a cat! Hope you are mouse free from now on. How annoying to find one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee-the thought did cross my mind, but I am allergic! Very annoying to find one, but feeling very thankful it was only one!!

      Delete
  5. Oof, hope the rodent situation is solved. They give me the shudders! And happy birthday (belated)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice birthday presents … many happy returns of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Enjoy your gifts - those socks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, so far I have read one book, ridden the bike, and wore several pairs of socks ;)

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Hopefully that is the end of your mouse issues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday - what a great bike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! A mouse! Hope there was only one.

    And look at all those wonderful birthday presents. You should ride your new bike over to my house near Houston sometime and we can ride our new bikes together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, if only I wasn't near Cleveland, it would be a little far! LOL!

      Delete
  11. I hope the mouse situation is over. Those birthday gifts look wonderful. I love the bookish socks. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! :D It looks like you got some great things!

    Sorry you had to deal with a mouse. I had a mouse get into my things at work once. Fortunately, I didn't have to deal with him, other than washing my blanket and drawer and putting my treats up higher.

    I hope you get a relaxing weekend soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! My husband took care of the mouse :)

      Delete
  13. Seems like a lot of us are struggling to find reading time. Happy birthday! What wonderful gifts. Your new books sound wonderful. Hope you have a great week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-july-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday! Mice are beyond frustrating. I hope the problem is solved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday! Books are always a welcome gift. Love the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday!! I love the bike and the socks!!! Please ask your daughter where she found the socks! So cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete