Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday-Debut novels edition

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is Debut Novels I Enjoyed (A debut novel is an author’s first published book. You could also choose to share genre or age group debuts if you’d prefer, such as an adult fiction author’s first YA book or a mystery writer’s first romance.) (submitted by Angela @ Reading Frenzy) Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Ten-ish Fiction Debut Novels I Enjoyed (click on book cover for review):

Miss Match by Erynn Mangum
The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright

Criss Cross by C. C. Warrens
Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
The Edge of Belonging by Amanda Cox
Roots of Wood and Stone by Amanda Wen
The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady by Sharon J. Mondragon
Counterfeit Love by Crystal Caudill
The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip by Sara Brunsvold
Dear Henry, Love Edith by Becca Kinzer
The Love Audit by Annah Conwell
Bonus thoughts: 

I have read every single one of Jaime Jo Wright's books and I can't wait for the next two that she has coming out, one in October and one in early 2025.

The Holly Series by C.C. Warrens (Criss Cross is the first book) is still one of my very top suspense series.

I say I am not much of a historical fiction reader, but this list proves me wrong. 5 of them are historical fiction. (although I am on somewhat of a break from it)

I put off reading The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip and The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady because I thought I wouldn't like them. I loved them both.

What topic did you go with today? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below.

17 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading Dear Henry, Love Edith and Roots of Wood and Stone, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen some good things about 'Mrs. Kip' and still want to read 'Henry/Edith' Also, I THINK I read Jaime's debut back when it was new; I just remember reading one of her novels but am not 100% sure it was this one. Thanks a bunch for visiting my website today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love historical fiction but haven't read a single one of course. Must research. LOL
    
    Thanks for visiting my TTT about Debut novels:
    https://momobookblog.blogspot.com/2024/07/top-ten-tuesday-debut-novels.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Audit sounds good.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with Jaime Jo Wright, but it's amazing when you read a fantastic debut novel and end up loving everything else the author writes after. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee, her books are incredible! I agree, I love finding a consistent author who's works you know you will like!

      Delete
  7. I always say I'm not much of a historical fiction reader, too, but lately I've been reading quite a bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, to everything there is a season, LOL! Enjoy the rest of your week!

      Delete
  8. I am so hopelessly behind on any kind of fiction because my true love is non-fiction. Half the time I never know what book I am reading from an author, if it is their latest or their first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I get that too! I also enjoy non-fiction, I just don't read quite as much of it as I do fiction.

      Delete