Saturday, September 7, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #135, Sunday Post #132, Sunday Salon #126

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? Last weekend, we were supposed to be in NC, so I hadn't planned to do this meme because I wanted to be present with my husband's family. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we didn't end up going. So, on that Friday, my husband and I went to the final quilt stores I needed to visit to finish the All Ohio Shop Hop!! I have a post linked below if you want to see all the quilt squares I ended up with 😉. We ended up doing a staycation the rest of the weekend. We played a lot of board games together and relaxing, which was good because this week we finally got back to our "normal" routine and it kicked my tail, with extra appointments and stuff. This weekend is going to be very low-key.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: I have never tried to wish for a book on Net Galley before, but I wished for the Friends book and got it!!

 

Library Treasures: The Grey King is our book club pick for September. I have been waiting on The Summer of Yes for several months and it is finally my turn!

 
Kindle Freebies: None

Ebook: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I am back to my normalish reading habits. I finished four books this week, one review will be up tomorrow. 

Here is my post for the All Ohio Shop Hop if you are interested in it 😄, if not, carry on, LOL!

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: The Next Worst Thing and The Right Wrong Match by Sara Woodley

Book Review: Thirsty by Hannah C. Hall

Book Review: Search and Detect by Terri Reed

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Think Involve Food

August 2024 Reading Wrap Up

Book Review: Wait and See by Wendy Pope

Book Review: Meeting her Match by Jen Turano

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

26 comments:

  1. Good that you found a way to make up for your missed trip!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book about Friends would be great, I'd like that. Bummer about the trip in NC being canceled. That would have been nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I am enjoying the book so far. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. It has to be disappointing to miss your trip, but it sounds like you found ways to enjoy your time anyway.

    I need to look for the new Bob Goff book. I look forward to seeing what you think about Summer of Yes. I only got a chapter in before I took it back to the library. Then I heard that it takes some time to get going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I think Bob Goff's book releases in December. It is a bit different from his others. I have heard mixed reviews about The Summer of Yes as well, so we will see!

      Delete
  4. I am sorry you weren't able to go to North Carolina after all, but it sounds like you made the most of it. I am glad you were able to make it the final quilt shop to complete the All Ohio Shop Hop. And those totes! I love totes.

    The Summer of Yes looks really fun and Susan Cooper's book as well. I hope you enjoy all your books, including your review books! Yay for wishes coming true!

    I hope you have a great weekend and week ahead, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that stinks, but I am glad that you found something fun to make up for your trip. I am in awe of people who can quilt! It looks so hard and complex. I LOVE quilts and pick up any affordable vintage quilt that I can, which usually means that they are not in perfect condition but I don't care. I think laying under a quilt just feels different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, I agree, there's something special about them. I also think they are hard, but I am learning new ways to make it easier!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on getting to all the quilt shops, though I'm sorry your trip to NC fell through. That's disappointing. And I'm still waiting for my library hold of Walsh's Summer of Yes to come in. Though I did just finish reading Beauty and the Beach which was very cute and fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, thanks. I am hoping to get to The Summer of Yes before it is due back to the library. I am glad you enjoyed Beauty and the Beach, I thought it was so fun!

      Delete
  7. So sorry about the canceled trip, but hey! Board games!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you to get the Friends book! Sorry your trip had to be cancelled but I’m glad you could make the most of your time off. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry about your trip to NC, but your staycation sounds nice. The Friends book looks great. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry your trip was canceled. Glad you were able to have a nice time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a nice staycation. The Friends book looks like a great read. Hope you enjoy your week, Cindy.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-sep-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on finishing your quilt shop hop! I'm off to see your squares now. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, it was just what we were needing!

      Delete