Saturday, August 15, 2026

Stacking the Shelves #219 Sunday Post #216 Sunday Salon #210

Hey, my bookish friends!!  How are you all doing? I am doing okay.  Last Saturday our dryer went out and my MIL had a medical emergency and we almost lost her. It was a rough start to the week, but she is now home, doing better, our dryer is fixed, and my FIL finished his radiation treatments on Friday. I am feeling so incredibly thankful. Today, my husband and I are at an event called The Fest, we are only there for the concerts, we are not really festival people, LOL. My favorite band is on at 6PM and I am hoping the rain that we are supposed to get holds off. What are your plans for the weekend? 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your  shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

Library Treasures: 
 
Bought: None- but tempted, LOL!

Book Mail: None

Kindle Freebies: None

Other updates:

I finished five books this week. Two were heavier than expected, with one of those not worth blogging about. My current audiobook (The Way it Should Be by Christina Suzann Nelson) is heavier as well (foster care/abuse), not sure how I did that with so many different books this week. Funnily enough Birds on a Wire sounds a bit heavier as well (another foster care book). Do you ever find yourself unintentionally picking up books that have the same themes? The last time I did that it was the amnesia trope, lol.

What you might have missed on the blog this week:

Book Review: Her Runaway Vacay by Jen Atkinson

TTT: On This Day

Book Review: The Good Nearby by Nancy Moser

Book Review: Honeysuckle Breeze by B.R. Goodwin

Book Review: Stealing Magnolias by Leslie Kirby DeVooght

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend! 

    Sunday Post

3 comments:

  1. We have lots of fests around us today too, but I don't want to walk in the humid hot air, so we may not go. Too sad that the summer has been so drastic weatherwise here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, it sounds like an intense week. I'm happy to hear your mother-in-law is doing better (and the dryer too). Wishing you a smooth weekend.

    Stopping in from Sunday Salon: https://brewingcoffeetwistingwordsbreakingpencils.ca/2026/08/14/brewed-words/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy week for you! I'm glad your MIL is doing okay. And that you got your dryer fixed. And I really hope that this next week is a much quieter, less eventful one.

    ReplyDelete