Sunday, December 26, 2021

2021 New-to-me Authors

Today I am participating in the Top 10 of 2021 hosted by Kimberly Faye Reads. Today's topic is new or new-to-me authors. Well, hang on to your hats because this is going to be a long list. I made it a point to try new authors this year and I can guarantee you that I have NEVER read so many new-to-me authors in a year. I was trying to do the 2021 challenge by Cara Novack Lynch that had 75 topics, which helped to increase my new-to-me authors. Plus, I follow the Avid Readers of Christian Fiction Facebook group and they ALWAYS have great recommendations. I honestly had no idea there were SO many Christian authors that write in a wide variety of genres before joining this group. Of course, once I started this book blog I was introduced to even more authors (thank you!!). So, what I am going to do is put the cover of the book that was the first book that I read by each new-to-me author and leave it at that, so this post is not overwhelmingly long. All reviews are either on my blog or my Goodreads page. I have read 146 (so far) new-to-me authors this year, not all Christian, and not all clean, counting audio books and children's books. I am reading 2 new-to-me authors right now, both Christmas stories, one on my Kindle and one on audio. I will not list all the authors (I thought I would but it's too much work, LOL), so I will just go with a variety. If you are curious about all of them you can look at my Goodreads shelf here.

Who are some of your new authors from this year? Do we have any in common? Click on the icon below to be taken to the hosts page!
#top10of2k21
 
                               #top10of2k21 topics




15 comments:

  1. That's an impressive list of new authors for 2021! I shall do some investigating on Goodreads as I'm sure I would like some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath-Yes, I was surprised it was so many!! But, there are so many great authors out there. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I am familiar with Jen Turano only because I have seen her books previously on First Line Fridays and such. I've not read any of her books though. How wonderful that you found so many new authors this year to enjoy!

    https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2021/12/top10of2k21-post-2-new-or-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jen Turano, her books are so funny! Have a great day!

      Delete
    2. I have heard that from quite a few blogger buddies who love her work.

      Delete
  3. What a long list of new authors! I am going to look for books by Emma St. Clair for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, she was definitely one of my favorites from the year!

      Delete
  4. Girl's Guide to the Outback and Falling for Your Best Friend's Twin look like books I'd enjoy. I could probably have added more, in fact I just finished a book by a new to me author that I wish I'd finished earlier to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I finished another one and I am still trying to decide if I will finish the other book. Jessica Kate and Emma St. Clair's books are hilarious and well written. They are clean, Emma's books are not Christian, but I think Jessica's might be, but if they are, they are not preachy (or apparently memorable in that way!).

      Delete
  5. Jessica Kate's 'Outback' romcom is TONS of fun! Love the fun of that one. :) Definitely curious to see what she'll write next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, me too. I am planning on reading her book Love and other mistakes in 2022.

      Delete
  6. That's a lot of new authors, wonderful.
    I had 53 new authors in 2021, and it was hard to select 10. Here is my post: https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/01/25/top-ten-new-to-me-authors-i-discovered-in-2021/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I regret nothing, LOL! 53 is wonderful!!

      Delete
  7. I have read several of these authors and enjoyed them, but a lot more for me to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla, yay! I hope you do :) I love finding new authors :)

      Delete