Monday, September 5, 2022

August Reading Wrap-Up

Welcome to September, my bookish friends!!!  Where has the summer gone?! While I am not quite ready to say good-bye to summer, I am ready for some cooler temps.

With my eye procedure this month, my reading was a little lower. I ended up reading 15 books in August. Click on the cover of the book if you want to read my review.

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

 

4⭐⭐⭐⭐

 


3⭐⭐⭐

The other 3 books were only 2 stars which I don't share here.

Updates on my reading challenges:

Goodreads: 152/200

50 Book Challenge: 39/50 (added 4 this month)

Mount TBR: 30/48 (added 1 this month)

2022 Read you Bookshelf Challenge: 4/12 (so far behind)

Virtual TBR: 43/36 (added 3)

Alphabet Author Edition: 21/26 (added 0)

Literary Escapes (States): 27/50 (added 4)

20 Books of Summer: 8/20

I am tired of focusing on my own books and ARC's so I plan to mix in some library books with my own books. I am planning to cut out most ARC's for the remainder of the year (we'll see if my self-control will last that long 😂).

How did you do for your reading in August? Did we read any of the same books? If you are participating in reading challenges, how are you doing?

8 comments:

  1. I'd say fifteen books in one month is a pretty good month! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to revisit the library...there's good bookish serendipity there, finding new and unexpected reads. And then there's no pressure to review any of them either, like you have with ARCs. And nice that you had so many 4- and 5-star reads in August! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, I agree, I love the library! I also had 3 2-star reads in August, it was a weird reading month!

      Delete
  3. Fifteen books is amazing. You had a great month in August. I'm ready for the cooler temperatures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my younger years (my blog is turning 12 at the end of September), I used to request a lot of ARCs. I rarely do these days, as I have such a huge TBR, a few on my shelves, and most on my various lists!
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/08/31/2022-august-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, that's how I feel, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete