Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday-Random books on my Shelves

Happy Tuesday, my bookish friends!! I hope you all are doing well. Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is The First 10 Books I Randomly Grabbed from My Shelf (close your eyes and touch/grab/point to 10 random titles and tell us what they are! And tell us what you thought if you’ve read them!) Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and you can head over there to see what our other bookish friends are up to today. 

Ten Books Randomly Grabbed From My Shelf: (if it has a star rating I have read it and you can click on the cover if you want to see my full review)

Music is the heart and soul of this book. It is deep, heart-wrenching, lovely, haunting, soul-stirring, and so beautifully done.

★★★★      

"No child should ever witness a scene as gruesome as the one in front of her."
 
★★★
 
Midnight's Budding Morrow had several surprises in it. From the gothic vibe, the forced marriage between the wallflower and the rogue, and a long line of secrets, this story captured and kept my attention.
★★★★
I bought this one for the cover but have not read it yet. I am not 100% sure I still want to🤷
This story has everything you could want in a contemporary romance: a good friendship turned into romance, humor, tender moments, and a few twists. It gives you all the feels.
★★★★★
I bought this one for the author and still haven't read it.
I bought this one for the snarky title😂
I bought this one because it looked fun.
I bought this one for the cover-remember, I love wedding dresses 😂
I think I have read this one before but it was before I was really keeping track on Goodreads. I bought it for the author.

 Have you read any of these? Which ones do I need to get to sooner rather than later?

What did you do this week? I would love for you to share in the comments. To see what other topics our bookish friends are doing this week click on the image below. 

26 comments:

  1. Midnight's Budding Morrow's cover is certainly stunning. It would make a great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Becky Wade cover. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these. Becky Wade is a fantastic author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna, I agree, I have loved what I have read of hers.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great mix. I remember hearing about Callahan's book when it came out. I wanted to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, yes, I got it at Goodwill or some place like that, so didn't spend much on it, but still haven't read it!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these, but I've got Once Upon A Wardrobe on my TBR list, and I also want to read the Becky Wade one. Fun list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky's are always so good; I should read another of JoAnna's someday (read her debut years ago); and Susan's Heiress is one of those dramatic but still good historical reads! Seeing that one is a blast from my reader past. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, I have read so many of Susan's that I am surprised I haven't read it.

      Delete
  7. I still haven't managed to read ONCE UPON A WARDROBE. It feels like it's been on my TBR list for forever. One of these days I'll get to it!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of these but The Lost Melody and True to You sound really good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked The Fine Art of Insincerity a lot. Hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun prompt! I love seeing books from people's shelves IRL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami, me too! So much fun. Did you do this topic?

      Delete
  11. I haven't read any of these, but the covers are all so pretty! Happy reading, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of these yet, but I do really love the cover for Once Upon A Wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey, it really is pretty, isn't it?!

      Delete
  13. Great list. I enjoy Kimberley Woodhouse's books. I think I would give Once Upon a Wardrobe a try. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete