Saturday, December 9, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #99, Sunday Post #96, Sunday Salon #90

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? I had another busy week. I am REALLY hoping things settle down soon. We found out another problem with my car. When they took the engine apart they discovered the block the engine sits on is not straight. They had never seen that before 😲. Still no word on when we will get the car back. I am hoping to catch up on a few things this weekend, and MOSTLY relax. What are your plans for the weekend?

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library:

 

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: None

Bought: None

Other updates:

I finished 3 books this week (two were children's fiction 🤦). I thought I had finished more than that, LOL! We recently watched Secret Chef on Hulu and loved it. After that we started watching Crime Scene Kitchen. It is pretty interesting.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Spell the Month in Books-December 2023

Book Review: Surrender Bay

Book Review: Absolutely Not in Love

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Christmas Stories

Book Review: A Not So Fictional Fall

Book Review: Stealing Adda

First Line Friday #113-An Amish Christmas at the Apple Blossom Inn

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

29 comments:

  1. Hopefully they're able to get your car fixed soon! And The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady is certainly an intriguing title. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! The block on your car is not straight? That sounds scary. I do hope the mechanics are able to get everything straightened out---both literally and figuratively---soon.

    I've been mostly reading children's books lately, but the ones I have been reading have been among the best reads of the the year for me---so that's good, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I agree, very scary. I hope it is all put back to rights soon too. Children's books are so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Yikes! I hope you get your car back soon but I am glad they could identify the issue!

    I love the title The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady! It sounds wonderful. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a long time to be without the car. I hope they get it all figured out for you, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, not another problem with your car!! Sure hope it's fixed before too much longer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your car is fixed up soon. I just got mine back from the shop recently and driving loaners is no fun for me. I am always so worried I will get into an accident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully your car will be finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your car is fixed soon! How annoying! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! I hope your car is fixed soon! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Living without a car is a virtual impossibility for most of us... I hope yours is soon fixed.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae, I did a rental car for a month, but now that my daughter is home from college we are sharing her car.

      Delete
  11. I watched one episode of Crime Scene Kitchen. It was pretty interesting. I'll have to catch up on some more episodes soon. I hope you get your car back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with everyone about The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady. I want to read it just because of the title! I hope your car gets fixed and you get it back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes, it's been quite the saga with your car! Sheesh. Hope that gets sorted out soon.

    Yet another voice fascinated by "The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady", from the title alone...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no- I hope the car isn't too expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you get your car fix soon.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete