Saturday, February 3, 2024

Stacking the Shelves #107, Sunday Post #104, Sunday Salon #98

Hey bookish friends! How are you doing? It has been a long, exhausting week. I am enjoying not having classes today, so I am catching up on things in the sewing studio this morning, then planning on relaxing most of the weekend!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None

Library: 

 

Kindle Freebies: None

Book Mail: won in a giveaway

Bought:

 
 Other updates:

I finished 5 books this week. One was a super short (30 pages) story. Two of the reviews will post in the next few days.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: Chicken About Love by Kaci Lane

Book Review: Where are the Children by Mary Higgins Clark

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-me Authors I discovered in 2023

Book Review: Who I Am With You by Robin Lee Hatcher

Book Review: Where Are the Children Now? by Mary Higgins Clark & Alafair Burke

January 2024 Reading Wrap-Up

First Line Friday #115-The Secret Obituary Writer

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

30 comments:

  1. I see you like the writer C. Havig. Hope you love these books you just got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harvee. I have read Twice Sold Tales and enjoyed it. I am planning to read it again!

      Delete
  2. Sewing Happiness sounds like a book with great sewing projects to try. It's easy to get discouraged with sewing, I think, because many of the projects are too difficult for a beginner.

    I hope you get a chance to relax this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a long and exhausting week! I hope you're able to relax and enjoy your weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark, sounds like you need to rest and relax as well!

      Delete
  4. Sewing is definitely for someone more patient than I am! I hope you find some rewarding projects. It’s especially frustrating now because cheap clothing is so widely available that the skill set that used to be valued is less discernible.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of a Sweethaven Summer looks gorgeous given the winter weather. I'm also intrigued by the cover of Knocking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rather than listen to me moan and cry over a home ec sewing project at school, my mom made the wrap skirt for me. She tried to teach me but I have zero patience for anything. Thank god for people like you and my mom who DO enjoy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer, lol, tha's funny. My mom never would have done any of my assignments for me.

      Delete
  7. I hope you’re having a relaxing weekend and enjoying your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Mark, I am looking forward to diving into them.

      Delete
  9. 5 books in a week is great. Your book list looks good, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry it's been a long exhausting week. I'm glad you're getting some you time. Enjoy your sewing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, the Chautona Havig books intrigue me! I'll have to check those out. Hope you enjoy the new books, and managed to get your relaxation in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would really like to be a more confident sewer, I’d like to make my own simple clothes.

    Wishing you a wonderful reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley! It's never too late to learn :)

      Delete
  13. I am glad you got a break from classes and are enjoying a relaxing weekend! It sounds like it was much needed. Spines and Leaves looks like it will be a good one. I hope you have a great week, Cindy! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you enjoyed your break from classes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so nice that you managed to catch up on your sewing. It's been years since I sewed and I think I've probably forgotten how to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haze, teaching classes is bringing it all back to me, LOL!

      Delete