Saturday, December 24, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #53, Sunday Post #50, Sunday Salon #44

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE my bookish friends!!!! How are things going for you? We are in the middle of winter storm Elliot. The snow is pretty but the temps are crazy! Stay warm and toasty! We are supposed to go to a Christmas Eve service today, not sure if it will be canceled or not, other than that, I have no plans to go out!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: none

Library: Did I read the books I got last week from the library? No, I did not. Did it stop me from making another trip (to a different library)? No, it did not! I regret nothing 😂 I know I most likely will not get to all the books but I could not resist! Also, notice the TWO AMISH retellings!!! I HAVE to try at least one of them!!

 Kindle Freebies: none

Book Mail: I am on the tour for this one in January, but I did not expect a physical book or swag!!


Bought:

I visited two local nonprofit bookstores this past week, all book proceeds goes to support literacy!! I can (and did) happily get behind that cause!!

The Lorena McCourtney book is the first in a series, I already had books 2 & 3 so now I will be able to start the series 😀

Other updates:

I added 8 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 5 books this week (one was a children's book, one I had been listening to for 6 weeks, and one was a novella) and DNF 1.  I need to write the reviews for three of them.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: The One Year Women in Christian History Devotional

Book Review: The Cubicle Next Door 

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Santa Would Bring Me

Can't Wait Wednesday: Her Heart's Desire

Book Review: Sweet on You

First Line Friday #73-Coming Home

I also shared a family update.

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.
 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

 

30 comments:

  1. I hit the library as well for a couple winter and holiday books. I hope you get to all the books!!!!!!!!!! The struggle is real. Merry Christmas and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather!! The struggle is very real, LOL! Merry Christmas!!!

      Delete
  2. I loaded up on books both hardcover and Kindle for the long week. I am staying in! Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, we will be staying in as well and I am not sad about it! Merry Christmas!!!

      Delete
  3. Nice book haul and book swag too. Happy reading and Merry Christmas! It's freezing here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always checking out too many books from the library! It's a harmless addiction. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas this year. Stay warm! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, exactly, completely harmless as long as we get them in on time, LOL! Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  5. We're having an awful storm here too. Snow everywheres!! Ha ha merry christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg, I think it's affected at least half the country! I am not complaining, we will have a white Christmas. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, it is so hard to resist books at the library!! You have some good ones. I loved the Chicago World's Fair series and of course Lynette Eason. I want to get to the Amanda Flower books. And I loved Lorena McCourtney's mysteries. I wish there were more. Stay warm and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen. I am trying to catch up on some of my back log :) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  7. Haven't been to the library in a while as I tend to gravitate to the ebooks I have. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I prefer physical books. I went through a phase where I didn't mind Kindle books but i don't love my new paper white, so it frustrates me. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  8. I love my library and have a few to pick up but snow & ice closed everything down yesterday. Will get them Monday - it's not like I don't have something to read. :) I should try an Amish retelling; wonder what that would look like? Assaulted Caramel - HA! what a title! Those cozies sure do get clever. Hope you have the merriest of holidays!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I will try to get to at least one of the Amish retelling's before it is due, it's such a different idea! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  9. Rebecca is one of my favorites! I tend to check out way more books than I can read in time too. :-) Wishing you a warm & cozy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never read it but was told I would probably enjoy it, so hopefully I will get to it to give it a try. Merry Christmas!!

      Delete
  10. The Little Golden Books are delightful. I've read the first one, but I've never seen the second. Oh dear, I think I need to add it to my wishlist!

    I didn't know the winter storm had a name, and I'm not sure if we are in the same storm you are, but having to shut off the water every afternoon so the pipes don't freeze and trying to stay warm when you don't have a winter coat...it's been crazy here, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, the second one was sitting next to the first and I thought, "Why not?!" I enjoyed them both. I think most of the US has issues from the storm, we don't have the proper winter gear either, just having moved from a warmer climate.

      Delete
  11. Yay for the library love! Stay warm and enjoy your new place, your books and your family. Merry Christmas Cindy.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! I do LOVE going to libraries :) It's just as good, if not better, than a bookstore :) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  12. Love the Little Golden Book spoofy books! I keep downloading free e-books that I'll probably never get to, lol. HOpe you have a great Christmas day!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I understand. Sometimes I try to see if the library has them too, since I prefer real copies, and it works for some books ;) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  13. Merry Christmas!
    I hope the snow wasn’t too bad.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley, we stayed in until we had to go out today, LOL!

      Delete
  14. Oh, oh. The snowstorm Ellie is making news around the world. Hopefully you can enjoy Christmas Eve and the holidays at least a bit. Merry Christmas and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mom loves Amish books so I just told her about the Amish fairy tale retellings. She looked at me blankly for about a minute. It was pretty funny. Then she fit all the pieces together, got excited and wrote down the author's name.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, that's hilarious! Thanks for sharing that! My daughter had the same reaction when I showed them to her!

      Delete