Saturday, December 31, 2022

Stacking the Shelves #54, Sunday Post #51, Sunday Salon #45

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? Happy New Year!! Anyone else struggling to comprehend that today is the last day of the year?! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library: None.

Kindle Freebies:


Book Mail: None.

Bought with Christmas $$ from my SIL:


Christmas gift from my son:


Other updates:

I added 22 books to my Goodreads shelf this week. Some new releases coming out in 2023 and some books from your all's blogs!

I finished 3 books this week, and DNF'd 1.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: 4 Mini Reviews

Book Review: A Holly Jilly Christmas

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I meant to read this year

Book Review: Coming Home

Book Review: Where Two Hearts Meet 

Book Review: Promise to Keep

First Line Friday-#74 With You I Am

 I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

 
What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

30 comments:

  1. Yes, reading blogs can be detrimental to your TBR! Looks like you got some great gifts. I can't believe it is the last day of 2022! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well with your Christmas money. Enjoy Book Love.

    A poem for the New Year:

    "Ring out the old, ring in the new,
    Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
    The year is going, let him go;
    Ring out the false, ring in the true...

    Ring out a slowly dying cause,
    And ancient forms of party strife;
    Ring in the nobler modes of life,
    With sweeter manners, purer laws...

    Ring out false pride in place and blood,
    The civic slander and the spite;
    Ring in the love of truth and right,
    Ring in the common love of good."

    A toast:

    And here's to a year of nothing but good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, wow, that poem is beautiful! Happy New Year, I am with you, cheers to a fulfilling reading year of good books!!!

      Delete
  3. Great haul!! Happy New Year, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many interesting looking books. Here's to many great reads in 2023. Happy New Year.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie, Happy New Year!!! Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your Christmas books - those given you and those you used money given you to buy.

    Happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of books... I really enjoyed Book Love! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy! I'm trying my best to comment and to wish you a Happy New Year, but Blogger keeps on kicking me out. No idea why!!!

    Any case, let's try again - A Very Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! I have no idea why either. I am so glad your comment came through! Happy New Year, I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation :)

      Delete
  8. Ooh, The Trouble with Love looks good! Wonder how I missed that freebie! My TBR is never ending. Even when I try to go through and weed some out, I have trouble getting rid of others or I keep adding more! Happy new year!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I totally get it, it is a never ending battle. Not that it is bad ;) Happy New Year!

      Delete
  9. yes it's hard to believe 2022 has ended. Happy New Year and happy reading Cindy!

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! Being a fairly new avid reader, I was actively searching for books to add to my TBR list at the beginning of 2022. Now that list is bursting at the seams. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your books look so good. Happy New Year! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! I read Book Love years ago and I loved it! I need to read it again! Hope you have a great year!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronyell. I loved it too and decided I must own it, LOL!

      Delete
  13. Happy New Year! May 2023 be a good year of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like it was a good week! I'm glad enjoyed your holidays! :D

    ReplyDelete