Saturday, January 7, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #55, Sunday Post #52, Sunday Salon #46

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I am pretty tired today, so I am planning more of a restful relaxing day. I plan to hang out with my family, read, and blog 😀 Have a wonderful weekend!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library

Kindle Freebies:

Book Mail: None.

 Other updates:

My library hauls will be bigger this year than they have been. The library system here is amazing and has so many more options than my last system had. When You Need to Move a Mountain has been on my TBR the longest and I am excited to finally have an opportunity to read it. I also got out books that I have on Kindle so I can start taking care of that backlist too (because I am more likely to read it in physical form). I added 7 books to my Goodreads shelf this week.

I finished 4 books this week and got 3 of the reviews up. My review for Belle: An Amish Retelling of Beauty and the Beast will be up tomorrow.

What you might have missed on the blog:

December Reading Wrap-Up

Book Review: With You I Am

Book Challenges for 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books of 2022

Can't Wait Wednesday: Everything is Just Beginning

Book Review: All the Lost Places

First Line Friday-# 75 Belle: An Amish Retelling of Beauty and the Beast

Book Review: No More Faking Fine 

An update on life: 2022 Endings and Beginnings

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

32 comments:

  1. There is nothing so wonderful, for me, as discovering a new excellent library system. I live near a very big city, so I have access to eight very good systems. Enjoy your new system.

    Good luck with your reading. I'm especially curious about When You Need to Move a Mountain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I am starting that one tomorrow :) I am thrilled for the library system :)

      Delete
  2. Boo looks fun - I'll have to go look at that - I have Blackout Book Club on my TBR so I"ll be curious what you think. Seattle has an excellent library system and I rarely look for a book they don't have. The down side is that it's so big and serves so many people that sometimes the waits are really long. That's ok. I rarely HAVE to read a book by a certain time. Happy Reading - those all look good.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-32

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie, yes, I found with this system that it takes longer to get the books (depending on how far they are coming) than in my other library, but it will be worth the wait. Right now, all the books I am getting from the library only need to be read on MY time frame, and isn't that the best?!

      Delete
  3. I would read Boo just for the cover, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, it's supposed to be funny, it's been on my TBR for quite a while, so we will see!

      Delete
  4. The Mermaid in the Basement looks intriguing. I hope you enjoy all your new books and have a fantabulous weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I appreciate you stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Great haul Cindy! I’m a huge fan of my local library too (I’m doing the Library Love challenge). I hope you enjoy all of these books and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie, I am not doing the Library Love Challenge only because I don't want to have to keep up with logging them, LOL! I currently have 17 library books sitting near me, I am reading 4 of them! I am giving them lots of love, LOL!

      Delete
  6. Terrific haul, Cindy. I'm happy for you that your library is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a pretty good day. :) A relaxing weekend is good after the holiday bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hearing that you have a wonderful library system! I love ours as well, and spend so much time there with kiddo. He feels like it is his "cool place" lol. I am intrigued by The Mermaid in the Basement...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, my kids always thought our libraries were cool places too! I am as well, I want to read more male authors this year, and I will start with that one!

      Delete
  9. I don't know what I'd do without a good library system so I'm glad you have access to one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having a great library system is so nice. I pay a little extra to go up to the big city's library system rather than use the small one in my town. It's so worth it. Looks like you have a great haul there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, in one of our locations I did that as well! I am thankful not to have to do that here!

      Delete
  11. You did great at the library. I'm going to start using mine more often. They have a great selection of ebooks and audiobooks. The Blackout Book Club looks really good. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! I will be using my library more to help me clean up some of my backlist stuff! Especially on the Kindle!

      Delete
  12. I'm thrilled to hear you ended up in a place with a great library system. It makes all the difference.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice haul. I'm going to use the library a lot more this year.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Are you doing a library challenge?

      Delete
  14. It looks like you have some good reading ahead of you, Cindy. The Blackout Book Club sounds good! I'm the opposite in that I read more e-books than print books. Although, right now I have two print books and one e-book going. I am trying to read more of my print books. I enjoy both formats, but e-books tend to be more convenient for me. For example, tonight I will be reading in my car while my daughter has her voice lesson and it's much easier to read from my e-reader than have to set up my little reading light, readjust it constantly, so I can read in the dark. I hope you have a great week! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I went through that season too! I also prefer the Kindle when going to doctor's appointments because it's not as heavy as a book (typically!).

      Delete
  15. Great book haul, I need to get back to going to the library. the Blackout Book Club looks good. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I’m glad you’ve found a wonderful library system,

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete