Saturday, August 5, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #82, Sunday Post #79, Sunday Salon #73

Hey bookish friends! How are you all doing? I am doing okay, it was a rough week. Today, I am in the car with my family and my daughter's boyfriend, headed to NC for a few days. They will be busy days and we will be back home on Wednesday. I hope to still get some time in for reading and blogging.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley: None.

Library:

 

Kindle Freebies: From author for review:


Book Mail: (my pre-order came in)


Bought: None.

Other updates:

I finished 3 books this week. My reviews are up to date, and it was a good blogging week. In addition to the five books I got from the library (which I may or may not read 🤷), I reserved 17 more books!! No telling when they will come in (probably all at once 😂), but I was in a weird mood and I wanted all the books.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: The Convenient Groom

July Reading Wrap-up 2023

Top Ten Tuesday-Forgotten Backlist Titles

Book Review: The All-American

Texas Ranch Showdown Spotlight + Giveaway

Book review: Upping the Ante

Book Review: Shadows of the Past

First Line Friday #98-A Life Once Dreamed

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

30 comments:

  1. The Sweet Life looks like a good summer read. I love ice cream, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harvee, I am sure it will be a good read. I am just not sure if I will get to it.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your trip! (And I have way too many books on hold at my library, too. It's my worst bookish addiction.) ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, at least it's a free bookish addiction, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Safe travels! I have more books checked out of the library than I can handle and more on the way. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, I always do that too, LOL! But, plenty of free options!

      Delete
  4. Your reading is going a lot better than mine. My brother and son were both stationed at Cherry Point in N.C. It's a beautiful state! I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, we lived here (NC) on and off for the last 24 years. We do like it.

      Delete
  5. I'm drooling at the ice cream on the cover of The Sweet Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark, right?! Especially in the heat of summer.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on being up to date, I despair of ever getting there!
    I miss going to the library, I just have too many books on my TBR just now.

    Wishing you a wonderful reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not get any books from the library in July, trying to play catch up. I was going to do the same this month, but I broke, LOL.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you had a rough week... hope this one is better. I just love the cover of The Sweet Life. It cheers me up just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great titles added to your library - sure hope all 17 of your books don't come in at once! I've had a big stack come in all at once before (though never 17) and I feel pressured to get them read before they're due.
    Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-58

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I know, I struggle with that pressure too. Sometimes we can't get to them all, though. Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. Have a great trip! Love that cover of Stratagem. And the cover of The sweet Life makes me want ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry you've had a rough week! Hoping this one is better :) I totally understand your comment about wanting all the books....that is why I love this blogging world because we all get it! I go to Libby or Hoopla and get books I don't even have time to read but I still just want to "look" at them, lol. Sons of Blackbird Mountain looks interesting, I may need to check that one out. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shellie, so true! And, free from the library so we can do all the looking we want, LOL!

      Delete
  11. Some great library books there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry your week was rough. Glad you have a chance to get away for a bit. The Sweet Life---that ice cream cover looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Positively Penelope looks cute!! I hope this week is better than last! Have fun in NC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you have a nice trip and visit, Cindy! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete