Saturday, May 6, 2023

Stacking the Shelves #72, Sunday Post #69, Sunday Salon #63

Hey bookish friends! How are things going for you? I ended up working this morning and part of the afternoon, but I have BIG plans to do nothing the rest of the weekend 😂. I think reading/blogging/relaxing is just what is needed after an incredibly difficult week.

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! And audiobooks. The Stacking the Shelves meme is hosted at Reading Reality.

NetGalley:

Library: 

Kindle Freebies: None.

Book Mail:

WON in Giveaway

For review

Bought: None.

Other updates:

I have a few library holds that came in that I have not had time to get yet. I finished 4 books this week. I still need to write the review for one of them.

What you might have missed on the blog:

Book Review: The Lady and the Lionheart

Book Review: Married 'til Monday

Top Ten Tuesday: Random Books on my Shelves

Book Review: Blind Trust

April 2023 Reading Wrap-Up 

Book Review: The Valet's Secret 

Book Review: The Shifting Current Review + Giveaway

First Line Friday #90-Sprinkled with Sabotage

My April update on my other blog if interested: Share Four Somethings April 2023

I am also linking up with the Sunday Post. The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer. I will also be joining Deb at Readerbuzz for the Sunday Salon.

What books have you added to your physical or virtual bookshelves? I would love to hear from you. Click on the icons below to join in on the fun. Have a great weekend!
 
 
Sunday Post

36 comments:

  1. I’m posting reviews of Asian American writers for May, AAPI Heritage month. Today’s post has a memoir and two novels. Hope you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing sounds good after a hectic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry you had a tough week Cindy but I hope you getting lots of relaxing in over the weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your plans after a busy week. Enjoy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had to work today. Hope you get to relax the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a better week next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the covers on some of the books you posted, that's what gets me to pick up an unknown author if I am browsing at a book store. I hope your week improves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, the covers do draw us in! Have a great week.

      Delete
  8. I have Parnassus on Wheels on my TBR and it's coming up as a Buddy Read with my sister. Nice mix of books you picked up - hope you enjoy. Thanks for the visit.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie, I only recently heard of it. Another book I want to read is supposedly based off of it, so I thought I would try it first.

      Delete
  9. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great books added Cindy! Glad to hear you are still reading up a storm.

    Enjoy your books and have a great week ahead!

    a href="https://elzareads.com/the-sunday-post-93/">Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your library books have attractive covers... makes me want to pick them up for a closer look. Funny how they seem to come in in batches though. Hope you are enjoying some end-of-the weekend relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems to me that several of the books you posted may have a Christian theme, and I’m always glad to know of bloggers with similar faith to me. Thanks for visiting me at Dolce Bellezza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellezza, yes, I mostly read Christian Fiction :)

      Delete
  13. NOTHING is exactly what I did this weekend. Nothing but reading and eating. And it was glorious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinjer-you were WAY overdue to do nothing! I am glad you were able to rest!

      Delete
  14. Counterfeit Faith looks interesting. Great post Cindy! Have a great week with your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Parnassas on Wheels was a lovely classic surprise. It made me want to get a wagon and books and head out on the road. I'm interested in hearing more about Stories That Bind Us.

    I'm sorry you had such a difficult week. I hope the blogging and reading is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I am glad to hear Parnassas on Wheels was lovely! I read the first line just to see what I thought of the writing style and it sounded funny, so we will see. I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  16. A quiet weekend is definitely a nice way to come off a difficult week. I am sorry to hear you had one of those.

    I really liked The Haunted Bookshop, but never got around to reading Parnassas on Wheels. I really should considering it came first.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I am looking forward to both Parnassas on Wheels and The Huanted Bookshop :)

      Delete
  17. I also got The Letter Tree from Netgalley :-)

    ReplyDelete