Wednesday, May 3, 2023

April Reading Wrap Up 2023

April was a good reading month! I had some days off this month and more time in the car, so I was able to get in a few more audiobooks than normal. I also finished up a few series and tried several new authors.

I finished 22 books this month. I did not have any books under three stars or any DNFs!!! Click on the book cover if you want to read my review.

5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

4⭐⭐⭐⭐  

3⭐⭐⭐

Updates on my reading challenges:

Goodreads: 88/150

Literary Escapes (States 2022): 46/50 

2023 Read you Bookshelf Challenge: 4/12 

Christian Romance Reading Challenge 2023: 4/12

Bookish Books Book Challenge 2023: 7

Backlist Twenty-Three in 2023: 8/23

Books added to my TBR this month from visiting other bloggers:

I got lazy and didn't keep track this month, sorry!

How did you do for your reading in April? Did we read any of the same books? How are you doing with your challenges?

19 comments:

  1. Wow, 22 books in a month, that's a lot. I only managed seven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne, I don't work full-time, I listen to quite a few audiobooks (5 of these), and I am a pretty quick reader. We don't all read at the same speed and it's hard not to compare our reading to others, LOL. I saw someone had read 29 books and I was like WOW! But, I don't know how much time they have to read etc., we all just do what we can, and hopefully enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. Yes, you are right. I don't work at all, we have retired. But there is always so much else going on. And my books are rather large.

      Delete
    3. Marianne, yeah, mine are not, LOL!!

      Delete
    4. That might be one reason for the larger account. LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is a great reading month. I loved Dear Mr. Knightley. I didn't know Daddy Long Legs was a book. I watched the movie, and I couldn't get past how old Fred Astaire was compared to the leading lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami, Dear Mr. Knightley is based off of Daddy Long Legs, you MUST try and read it!!!! Now I need to see the movie!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad THE METROPOLITAN AFFAIR was a good read for you. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mix of books. That's an amazing pile of books you read in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a lot read. Impressive. I love Daddy-Long-Legs and Dear Mr. Knightley too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, apparently Just David by Eleanor Porter is a hidden gem as well. Have you read that one? I have not, but it was just recommended to me based off of those two books.

      Delete
  6. You had a great reading month with so many 5 stars and no DNFs! Yay! I read 10 books in April, most of which were 4 stars. Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, mostly four stars is a pretty awesome reading month too!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Those are fantastic stats for a month of reading. I am careful not to pick many books that are not going to be at least four-star reads, but I often DNF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I try to pick books that I think I will enjoy (obviously, right?), but February and March had more than a few that I wasn't too pleased with.

      Delete
  8. I try to read new authors, new genres and though I try to pick ones that sound good, those jacket covers aren't always accurate about what the book is actually about. :) Looks like you definitely had a good reading month - just like we all hope for! Hope May is equally good. Thanks for the visit.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terrie. Yes, I have definitely judged a book by it's cover incorrectly!

      Delete